ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Strange new glitch on PP fades to black.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will HollowayStrange new glitch on PP fades to black.
by on May 16, 2015 at 6:07:30 am

Hi Everyone,
Okay, I have plenty of ram, 8 cores (PC) and a screamin video card. Yesterday did a fresh install of 5.5.2 Premiere and creative suite, plus the Matrox drivers (MX02Max) and I also re-installed Pixelan 3d software too. Re-installed all of these because the system was behaving strangely and every edit I did, would screw up the video clips before and after the clip I was modifying, plus a host of other time wasting, pull-your-hair-out frustrations.
So, fresh install, system is working great.... except this new bug: ANY fade to black, (whether made with opacity graphs, bezier points, a cross dissolve at the end of the clip, or any other fade to black or white or dip-to preset,) will get brighter by tenfold first before 'popping' down to the darkening video it is supposed to be. Like the luminosity gets cranked through the roof for roughly HALF of the effect duration, no matter what I do. I cannot figure out why. Does not matter if video has filters or is untreated. Does not matter if it is alone, or stacked on the timeline with other clips, 4 layers deep. When I scrub it, pre-render, the proxy looks fine. but after render I have this mess.
Footage and graphics are all 1080i, 29.97, 8bit, MPeg2-I-frame.
Help?
Thanks,
Will Holloway
Iron Horse America - Video / Media

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Strange new glitch on PP fades to black.
by on May 16, 2015 at 11:57:26 am

assuming that you removed preferences when you uninstalled, did you clear your media cache in preferences>media?

Return to posts index

Will HollowayRe: Strange new glitch on PP fades to black.
by on May 16, 2015 at 2:42:09 pm

I will check into that. I dumped all of my previews and re-rendered them. But that is not the same thing is it? Thanks for the idea. But, why do you think that might be the issue? any details?
Thank you very much.
Will

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Strange new glitch on PP fades to black.
by on May 18, 2015 at 2:33:53 pm

You know, I don't really have a great technical explanation without going to the engineers, but I will say that lots of odd behavior is corrected by doing this basic housekeeping activity once in a while.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]