ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Trying to create mp4s with large dimensions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew MatthewsTrying to create mp4s with large dimensions
by on May 15, 2015 at 7:05:14 am

Not sure of the best place to post this, so going with Premiere...

I'm working with 360 degree video which requires very large dimensions. I'm cutting in Premiere, but my roadblock spans pretty much all software I have, which is that I can't seem to make an mp4 with dimensions over 2000 pixels to a side. Tried Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder, and other software like MPEG Streamclip. Other factors don't seem to matter. Tried lowering frame rate, data rate, etc. but no matter what, neither height nor width will allow a number over 2000.

At first I thought that maybe mp4s simply can't get any bigger, except that I've downloaded and watched panoramic mp4 videos with much higher resolutions, and I know that there is such a thing as a 4K mp4. (Also, my panoramic stitching software, Autopano Video Pro, exports mp4s at 3840x1920. But you really have to do editing/finishing elsewhere.)

I can output ProRes at adequately large dimensions, but 360 degree player software (like Oculus players and Gear VR) seem to work best with mp4s.

If anyone knows of a certain piece of software that can output mp4s at large sizes (or if I'm on a wild goose chase), please let me know. Asked around a lot of places (including Oculus forums) but can't seem to find an answer. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Trying to create mp4s with large dimensions
by on May 15, 2015 at 9:51:52 am

You need to choose a higher level. Here's a list of features per level http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]