ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Is there a way to directly link project bin folder structure with Windows file explorer structure?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan WoodworthIs there a way to directly link project bin folder structure with Windows file explorer structure?
by on May 14, 2015 at 6:33:56 pm

I would love to be able to offload an SD card into the project folder I've created on my harddrive in Windows Explorer (I think that's what it's called, I used to be a Mac guy so what I'm talking about is the equivalent to the Finder) and then my Premiere project bin would magically update to reflect that I've placed those new files on my harddrive.
Basically, can you have a Premiere project mirror exactly the file structure you've set up in the Finder (or in my case, Windows Explorer)?
If not, is this an odd request? I imagine you could set it up so that if you deleted a file from the project bin you'd get the option of having it actually delete from your harddrive as well, or not...like in iTunes when you delete a track you get that type of option.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Is there a way to directly link project bin folder structure with Windows file explorer structure?
by on May 14, 2015 at 6:42:03 pm

[Jordan Woodworth] "Basically, can you have a Premiere project mirror exactly the file structure you've set up in the Finder (or in my case, Windows Explorer)?"

No.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Is there a way to directly link project bin folder structure with Windows file explorer structure?
by on May 15, 2015 at 7:23:54 pm

Yes with a little workaround. Import the folders into AE then select all and copy them over to Premiere.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Is there a way to directly link project bin folder structure with Windows file explorer structure?
by on May 20, 2015 at 1:11:35 pm

Ann....that's clever I like it...
and it's about 99% of what Jordan wants.

Jordan...unfortunately...the Project panel is not a "live look" at folder(s) on your drive. It's merely linked to whatever you import.

So While Ann's technique will mirror and preserve the initial structure and file set...it won't dynamically update to reflect changes being made at the file system level (other than clips becoming unlinked if they are moved in the file system and PPro can't find them).

hth,

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]