ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Prores export of photo montage comes out jerky

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt BrodieProres export of photo montage comes out jerky
by on May 14, 2015 at 4:49:25 pm

I did a quick photo montage for a client with your normal ken burns-style moves on each photo, and need to do a bunch of them. They want a prores hq export that they plan on compressing themselves. I have exported with a number of different settings, but it always seems to come out jumpy rather than smooth zooms or pans.

I had a similar problem exporting rolling credits and found that the h.264 export was much smoother, but that's not what the client is asking for.

Is there a setting I can use to fix this? Is this just a known problem with prores? Is there a better codec I could export to and then convert to prores for success or will I find it jumpy no matter how many codecs I go through to get to prores?

I have tried frame blending which only made the images that were most jumpy look blurred as well, and I have tried optimizing stills.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Prores export of photo montage comes out jerky
by on May 14, 2015 at 6:28:10 pm

Hi Matt,

Does your sequence frame rate match the export frame rate? If they do and these are just pictures. then it's most likely a playback issue.

You need a pretty good CPU/GPU to get smooth HD playback on pans and rushes. Try VLC since it has less overhead than most.

Vince

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Matt BrodieRe: Prores export of photo montage comes out jerky
by on May 14, 2015 at 6:31:02 pm

Yeah, I'm a moron, the issue was frame rate. I work almost exclusively in 23.98 but this client prefers 29.97, that solved the problem (mostly, there's still a tiny bit of jitter here and there, but that is corrected in compression, so I think it's just an issue in quicktime?)

My computer is definitely up to the task, 2013 mac pro, I was just too set in my 24p ways. Still haven't seen a solution to the rolling credits issue though, that I KNOW was the right frame rate in all respects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]