ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 MXF Files Glitches, Out of Sync, & Flash Frames

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt RomaryAdobe Premiere Pro CS6 MXF Files Glitches, Out of Sync, & Flash Frames
by on May 12, 2015 at 8:07:31 pm

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 version 6.0.0 on an iMac OS X version 10.9.5, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 MAC HD

We shot our footage with a Cannon XF100 on a SanDisk Extreme CompactFlash 60 mb/s card. I inserted the card into our card reader. When the "CANON XF" icon appears on the desktop, I open it up, and copy/archive the entire "CONTENTS" folder, which contains a subfolder named "CLIPS001," which contains another subfolder named "AA6212" & and INDEX.MIF file. Inside of the "AA6212" folder are all of my .MXF files along wish .SIF files.

Then, when I am ready to edit in Adobe, I import the entire "CONTENTS" folder into my project panel. It loads in all of my MXF files and most of them seem to be fine, but about 25% of them have strange issues. In some cases, as I scrub through them in the preview window, they flash single frames from further along in the clip or sometimes even from entirely different clip. Sometimes they play random chunks from further down in the same clip. In some places the audio is out of sync. For certain clips, when I mark an in and out point then drag the clip into the timeline, it looks correct until I play down the timeline where it will display an entirely different portion of the clip as opposed to what I selected, but surprisingly the thumbnail of the clip in the timeline is still of the proper clip I did select.

What's possibly even MORE frustrating is the fact that Adobe has virtually no way of discussing the problems with a human being and when I try to use the support page it seems to send me in loops and has nothing that addresses my question in their prewritten answers to the common problems that they list.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Any guidance, ideas, or solutions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]