ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How to correctly export/transcode media with dual mono audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Florian DammeyerHow to correctly export/transcode media with dual mono audio
by on May 12, 2015 at 1:06:14 pm

I am archiving some of my older PPro projects (I am using CS6). One of them contains media captured from MiniDV tapes in some MXF container format with dual mono audio. For some reason the project manager can't copy these clips and aborts with an "unknown error, save the project and try again". I wanted to transcode those files to a different format anyway in the future, so I thought I would just do it right away and then archive the transcoded files.

Now I have the problem that I don't know the best way to export/transcode these clips. I thought the easiest way was to just export the clips to my desired format and then replace the clip's footage by the exported files. However, when I export the clips (Ctrl + M), PPro seems to always create a file with mono audio no matter what export format I have selected, resulting in one of the two audio tracks being discarded in the exported file.

Is exporting and re-importing the right way of transcoding the clip's source files? How can I transcode the clips without losing an audio track and without too much hustle?
I figured this might be a common issue, but Google didn't turn up any usable results for exporting dual mono clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]