ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Systematic file split on export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek BoettcherSystematic file split on export
by on May 11, 2015 at 7:41:27 pm

I've had a customer ask for a strange request. I've recently covered a live event for a seminar they are having, and edited together a comprehensive piece, about 17 gigs total. The client then requests the files be broken up into 2MB clips and named in sequential order. My assumption (I've asked for clarification on why, and have yet to hear back) is that they are going to use this for training purposes and like the workflow of having a lot of smaller clips versus one large clip. Now, I already am planning on lowering quality settings to make the size of each section about 300-400MB, but is there a way to export a single clip and have it systematically cut a file to a specific size and name it in sequential order? I'd hate to have to do that manually. If Premiere or Media Encoder can't do that, is there another Adobe software or 3rd party that can?

Best,
Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group
http://bthmedia.com

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Systematic file split on export
by on May 11, 2015 at 8:11:34 pm

This can be done in Prelude with your complete master. You will have to mark the subclips but you can then export all the subclips from there. Build a custom subclip marker and at best you'd be appending the name of each clip with a number.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]