ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting and XML with Meta data fields

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will FiennesExporting and XML with Meta data fields
by on May 11, 2015 at 2:27:37 pm

Wondering if anybody can help with this.

We are doing an 8 x 43 mins docs series that looks like it may have about 5 % of Archive.

During the offline stage we are ripping youtube clips and the like before tracking down and sorting out licenses etc.

In order to keep track of Archive as we go we would like to input metadata into the following columns :

Label, Publisher and Advisory.

The idea was then to at rough cuts 1-4 we would export an XML with the desired metadata fields.

The problem is we cannot get that data out of premier. Obviously I/O, sequence time, codec, audio format is fine but when reading the XML in Sequence Clip Reporter we can't see and thus convert to a text file a doc that contains our required info.

Any suggestions

thanks
Will

Mac Pros
Adobe Premier CC 2014

Edit Assistant/Assistant Editor/Film maker

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Exporting and XML with Meta data fields
by on May 11, 2015 at 3:18:18 pm
Last Edited By James Strawn on May 11, 2015 at 3:19:15 pm

I'm not sure how you would go about converting the xml metadata into selective text file(s) that you can use standalone outside of PrPro and CS/CC. But perhaps Prelude could help here?

If you ingest into Pl it will read the xml data you authored in PrPro, then you can do a rough cut there and add markers and other logging info before sending the whole thing back to PrPro for final editing. I know it seems like a somewhat circular workflow, but it's the best I could think of at this time. Perhaps someone has a more straightforward solution though... let's see.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Will FiennesRe: Exporting and XML with Meta data fields
by on May 11, 2015 at 10:05:19 pm

Thanks for your reply James

Hmm. It seems strange in this advancing world of metadata that we can not export that data in some sort of tangible format. We really just want a sequence report with all the extra data we have added so then our production team can go through the cut and start the process of licensing. Of course we could export an edl and bitc QuickTime but that does not help them find out the source...

on we go

Edit Assistant/Assistant Editor/Film maker

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Exporting and XML with Meta data fields
by on May 12, 2015 at 2:20:14 am

If you haven't done so already I'd contact Greg or Philip (the makers of Sequence Clip Reporter) and aks for their help/advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]