ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Making people "pop up" in video?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
¨Pascal VandenbergheMaking people "pop up" in video?
by on May 11, 2015 at 9:12:42 am

Hello everyone,

I don't know if I'm in the right forum to ask this in, but since I use Premiere Pro for editing I thought I might ask it here.

So I have to make a 30-second promotional video for an annual event for youth organizations here in Belgium. The theme is singing. The idea I had for the video would be 8 people singing a certain song (or lip-syncing to a pre-recorded track) and using kitchen utensils as instruments (for that event they always make a big thing out of breakfast, so yeah).

The thing is, I want to start the video with one person singing and then every few words of the song a new person who also sings along pops in the video, until there are 8 people singing (really just "popping in", not entering from one side or another). But what is the best way to do that? How can I make someone pop in out of nowhere?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Making people "pop up" in video?
by on May 13, 2015 at 8:37:10 am

Hey Pascal,

Hope that I've understood you correctly.

A straight "Cut" seems to be the best way to do it. This might involve you shooting the scene 8 times as you build up the new arrivals in the shot - for 30 seconds that should not take too long.

Alternatively:
If you want them all to be managed in the shot at the same time, then you will need to either film them on a Chroma key background.

Or, if nothing moves in the foreground or background. Should each of the eight separately, but make sure that their place in the frame do not overlap, and use a difference key or crop to place them in the final shot. However, with 8 people you may find that the picture is not wide enough.

If too complex, go back to using the straight forward "cut" - it will never go wrong. But you do need to follow your story board, unless the talent jumping around in the frame is a desired effect...

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]