ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting .AVI formats.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Berty GoldsteinExporting .AVI formats.
by on May 11, 2015 at 1:47:05 am

Hi, I am relatively new to premiere CS6 and i'm having trouble exporting a 5 minute 30FPS 1080p clip as an AVI. All I want is a high quality video that is no larger than 4-5 GB.

When selecting a preset, I have various options such as NTSC DV and NTSC DV Widescreen, but I am not sure what option I should choose for the desired effect. And following that, what codec should I be using?

In all my attempts at using the AVI format, the finished video is completely useless: blurry and appearing to have only a fraction of the original colors. And when I exported without a codec as an AVI, the 5 minute video was 73GB haha!

Now, the video quality is excellent when I use the uncompressed AVI format, but that too uses a huge amount of data.

I'm sure this is a simple problem, thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig HowardRe: Exporting .AVI formats.
by on May 11, 2015 at 5:35:38 am

Start with ..what do you want the video for...eg what display purpose how / where?

What is your edit sequence settings?

I am guessing right now..you may not need an avi.

You dont use a DV Preset If you want 1080p HD.

Export using a H264 Youtube Preset

Also do some of the basic Premiere Tutorials - ADOBE TV for a head start.

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Adobe CC2014 Suite, Resolve
Windows 7-64 bit:Assus P6T Deluxe Mob, 24 GB BM SDI Decklink, . HD Workflows

Return to posts index

Berty GoldsteinRe: Exporting .AVI formats.
by on May 11, 2015 at 12:06:33 pm

Oh sorry, I should have explained more. I will be uploading this to YouTube, so I'll use the h264 format, but what codec do I need?
I have my sequence set to DV instead of HDV but I read online that this only matters if I were downloading from a tape.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]