ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC bringing 60fps footage in as 29.97, no slow motion

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristine CardenasPremiere Pro CC bringing 60fps footage in as 29.97, no slow motion
by on May 10, 2015 at 11:45:40 pm

Hi there,

I have a short commercial that needs to be cut relatively quickly but I'm having trouble bringing in the footage shot at 60 into premiere. It was shot on a Canon C300. I see that in Media Browser the files that should be 60 do read as that. I read that you can interpret footage after importing and that's how you get the slow motion to work BUT my problem is that when I import the footage (whether through media browser or import) it comes in at 29.97 so interpreting the footage doesn't do anything. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Cristine

Return to posts index

Ryan HolmesRe: Premiere Pro CC bringing 60fps footage in as 29.97, no slow motion
by on May 11, 2015 at 12:38:06 am

[Cristine Cardenas] "BUT my problem is that when I import the footage (whether through media browser or import) it comes in at 29.97 so interpreting the footage doesn't do anything."

Do you have 60i or 60p footage? 60i is 60 fields per second. 60p is 60 frames per second. You can slow 60p down to 30 or 24 to achieve a clean slow-mo effect. You can slow down 60i footage (speed change on the timeline), but since it's a 30 frames per second format the software will have to create the extra frames.

My guess is you have 60i footage, which is 29.97 frames per second.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080i

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Cristine CardenasRe: Premiere Pro CC bringing 60fps footage in as 29.97, no slow motion
by on May 11, 2015 at 5:09:07 am

WELP YUP... that's it. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]