ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Strange, Inexplicable Color Shift in 1 Clip on the Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob DavisStrange, Inexplicable Color Shift in 1 Clip on the Timeline
by on May 9, 2015 at 4:20:59 pm

I opened Premiere this morning to discover another very strange issue. All the clips from one video file on my timeline playback with an inexplicable color shift (more saturated and more blue).

As seen in the screenshot, this shift occurs in the program view but NOT in the timeline's thumbnails. It also occurs on my external rec.709 monitor and in the the clip bin previews.

Furthermore, its showing that these clips need to be rendered (as if effects are applied) but as you can see in the effects control pane, there are no video effects applied, whatsoever.

I've tried deleting video previews, re-importing the clip and trashing prefs but no change. Anyone seen this one?

Return to posts index

Rob DavisRe: Strange, Inexplicable Color Shift in 1 Clip on the Timeline
by on May 9, 2015 at 5:06:12 pm

Update: I did discover a workaround for anyone else having this issue but its a bit of a pain so would still love to know whats going on for future reference.

Here is the workaround:
1) Import the clip again (as if its a new clip) but don't delete the original problematic clip
2) Go to the first frame of each instance of the clip in your timeline
3) Copy the start timecode
4) Open the new clip and paste the start time code to match the in point
5) Go back and select the bad clip in the timeline and go to Clip> Replace with Clip> From Source Monitor, Match Frame
6) Repeat for all other problematic clips on timeline
7)Once everything is replaced you can delete the bad clip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]