FCP 7 to Premiere Speed Ramp Issue
by Aaron Clark on May 8, 2015 at 3:07:23 pm
So I'm working on a project that was originally edited in FCP7 for the offline and then given to me to prepare for online. The previous editor created XMLs for me and I went on importing the XML of the project into Premiere like usual.
All was normal until I looked at the speed ramps throughout the project and noticed that Premiere wasn't interpreting them correctly.
I went back into the FCP7 project and confirmed that exact % of speed change and even when I input the ramp manually it doesn't match up with the reference movie output from FCP7.
This is becoming problem due to another company doing CG rotoscoping to the FCP7 output so it's important that my output be identical.