ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Wipe Start/End values

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harold BatistaWipe Start/End values
by on May 8, 2015 at 2:19:18 am

I am having difficulty adding different values for the Wipe video transition.
For example, I put a Start value of 56. Then, when I put an End value of 44 and hit Enter, it changes both the Start and End value to 44.

This happens on the majority of clips but not all. I have observed the same issue is CS6 and CC.
Can anyone help me unlink these two parameters?

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Wipe Start/End values
by on May 8, 2015 at 3:42:01 pm

Because 0 means flush left and 100 means flush right for a forward (left-to-right) wipe. So in the scenario you described. the end point ends up being before the start point and it has to push the start point to 44 to prevent reverse direction. Move the sliders around below each half of the 2-up preview (still in ECP) and you'll see what I mean... one slider starts pushing the other over to prevent an invalid switch. If you check the reverse button then you can set values like 56 on the left and 44 on the right because that's the direction the wipe is moving in that case.

My only question is why it doesn't happen with ALL you clips. Is there something about your scenario I don;t understand?

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Harold BatistaRe: Wipe Start/End values
by on May 8, 2015 at 4:02:55 pm

OK! That makes perfect sense; I thought both values stood for distance from the side of origin, as designated with the small arrows on the top left corner where you can choose what side of the composition to wipe from.

My guess as to why it worked on some clips is that I must have added the wipe to the beginning of some clips, and to the ending of others, thereby effectively reversing it by pulling it backwards over the clip.

Thank you so much for this help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]