ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

This is Killing Me

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan ArcherThis is Killing Me
by on May 6, 2015 at 7:33:13 pm

Is there a keyboard shortcut for Fit to Fill. I have searched and browsed and everything I can think of.... Please help.

A cut is a cut & a dissolve is a disolve, and not just anybody with a system is a pro.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: This is Killing Me
by on May 6, 2015 at 9:01:05 pm

hi,

how about a 4 point edit?

in/out source and in/out sequence...

by default system will prompt you how you want to deal with duration mismatches, fit to fill is an option...

BUT

check your prefs...you can set a default for this...

that help?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Dan ArcherRe: This is Killing Me
by on May 7, 2015 at 1:07:13 am

Setting it as a preference might do.... But what I ambling for more than anything is a one button touch that does a fit to fill. I have my points. I hit the button and move on. I fiddle with things enough that doing a three button thingy is not bad ... but I want that speed. Thanks for the input.

A cut is a cut & a dissolve is a disolve, and not just anybody with a system is a pro.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: This is Killing Me
by on May 7, 2015 at 1:54:16 am

well... ur doing insert and overwrite edits...which are whatever your keyboard shortcuts are for those anyway...(I use the FCP F10 and F9 I think)

to do fit to fill...you have to know what your filling and what your filling it with...

there's only so many assumptions the software can make I'd think...

maybe I just don't understand what you're looking for...

sorry if I'm being dense....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Jason GuerraRe: This is Killing Me
by on May 8, 2015 at 4:39:23 pm

When you perform a three point edit, if give you a series of options for how to handle the media. If you choose "Change speed (fit to fill), then check the "make default option" box it will do that every time. That's all a fit to fill is, a special overwrite with a speed change. If your marking a pre-exisiting clip you can use "x" (based on the FCP keyboard layout) to mark the clip. So, that's two buttons, mark clip, and overwrite (with fit to fill default behavior). Can't think of a way to do it any faster then that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]