ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Big Goals for a Video Blog - Need Suggestions For Increasing Efficiency

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy TurnerBig Goals for a Video Blog - Need Suggestions For Increasing Efficiency
by on May 5, 2015 at 11:08:13 pm

Hi folks, I'm new here. First post!

OK, so I am going to be spending an entire year backpacking and traveling the globe. I won't have a job, so I'll need something to keep me busy. I've always wanted to create a DAILY video blog for uploads to YouTube. I've committed to creating a video every day for a year. I have a decent laptop with an SSD. So far it has been very nice for editing. No problems with speed of my device, just my editing speed.

I know this is a very huge task. I've done some editing in APP before and I know how it's very easy to spend several days editing a 10 minute video. My number one priority is to enjoy my trip and experience a lot. My number two priority is to create these videos. So, because of this I am limiting myself to 2 hours of editing per video. Once the two hour timer is up, I'm done, releasing it even if it's total crap. Hopefully I will become very efficient with this much practice. So, that's the challenge...This is going to take EXTREME efficiency.

Here's the steps that I've already taken or plan on taking:

-I have made a base template project with optimal video settings for the cameras that I'm using. I will start with this template file for each new project. The template file contains a carefully edited short intro sequence and a should outro sequence. I have populated the library with background music, titles and images that I am throwing together to make other short sequences to add to the main sequence when appropriate. I will save the template file as a new file and add relevant videos, etc. to the new file, every day.

What other recommendations would you add to increase efficiency?

My ideas are:
-Careful layout of files inside the template directory, for easy access.
-Create custom keyboard shortcuts for most used commands. Memorize those keyboard shortcuts for quick use. What are the most important commands?

Anything I'm missing? Anything that you can think of that will add professionalism and/or uniqueness to my videos?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]