ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

exporting for a movie theater showing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Krystle Patino-Serranoexporting for a movie theater showing
by on May 4, 2015 at 5:55:25 pm

i am creating a wedding proposal for a client and the video is to be played on an actual movie theater screen. So my question is what size should i be exporting it in? The movie theater plays DVDs so they requested that i put the video in that format but i want to make sure it comes out wide screen and super clear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I used a canon 7D 1080x1920 30fps with some gopro4 video in there as well. And if possible could i get a plan B & C incase plan A is not as clear as i would like? Thank you in advance. I only have one shot to test run the video before the event so thank you again.

Return to posts index

David BaudRe: exporting for a movie theater showing
by on May 4, 2015 at 6:26:08 pm

US DVD format is 720x480... so no matter you look at it, you will show your HD video not the best way! If you are concerned about the quality of your showing, I would inquire at least if the movie theater can play a blu-ray instead of a DVD.

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on May 4, 2015 at 7:35:04 pm.

David BaudRe: exporting for a movie theater showing
by on May 4, 2015 at 6:56:44 pm

[Krystle Patino-Serrano] "They said they do use blu Rays so now what?"

...you need to create a blu-ray;-)

If you want to do it yourself, you need a blu-ray burner, an authoring software (i.e: Adobe Encore) and some blu-ray media.

Good luck,

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: exporting for a movie theater showing
by on May 4, 2015 at 8:48:05 pm
Last Edited By Joe Barta IV on May 4, 2015 at 8:50:30 pm

Some Blu-ray players can playback H.264 Quicktime files. See if theirs does and if you can test a file you've created. That way you don't have to mess with DVD or Blu-ray authoring.

When Exporting or converting in Media Encoder, select Format H.264, then Select one of the HD 1080i presets that matches your frame rate.

If your file is less than 4GB then you can burn it to a DVD as a file. Some Blu-ray players have a USB port on the front or back where you can plug in a flash drive to play your file.

Good Luck,

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Krystle Patino-SerranoRe: exporting for a movie theater showing
by on May 4, 2015 at 11:33:50 pm

Thank you so much. This makes sense I'm sure this will help. Much easier it sounds and doable

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: exporting for a movie theater showing
by on May 5, 2015 at 1:20:02 am

You can burn widescreen dvd format, just specify that in a sequence, then drop your sequence in to nest it.
do a 720x480 sequence when you create it set the pixel aspect ratio to wide screen; you might find a preset that works this out. Technically 720x480 is slightly wide, but the widescreen version of this is 853x480 and reads in players as widescreen aspect 720x480. Once you create the new sequence, nest your main edit, then right click on the clip in the new sequence and select Scale to frame size. This will get you down to dvd in a hurry. Now export the sequence to something. I usually do a full format export or at least proresLT. Then I send the sequence to encore, and encode my transcodes on my own. You can do it in Adobe media encoder. Take your full format output, and have it code to MPEG2DVD, ambit max VBR 1 pass and drop it in a folder, using Dolby as your audio. This should create 2 files. In encore, if you sent straight from premiere, you'll have assets to transcode. Once your MPEG2DVD is encoded, the two files should work as the transcode, so just right click the asset (premiere sequence), go to locate transcode, select dvd, and pick the first file. It should ask you for the second as well. Now you can set that as first play, and burn the disc or disc image in encore. At 9 mb max for video, your video is the highest dvd quality and widescreen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]