ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Timeline moves without me wanting it to

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel GeraldinoTimeline moves without me wanting it to
by on May 3, 2015 at 6:36:03 pm

Hey there -

So I have been editing with CS6 for a little over a year now and understand it pretty well. I must have selected a setting without realizing it, but when I move my cursor to the left or right side of the end of my timeline, the timeline will move but the playhead will stay put. Not a show stopper but highly annoying anytime I go select a clip from my bin or want select or deselect audio video tracks I have to refind where I am.

Is there a quick fix for this?I am assuming there is because it happened a couple hours into my edit. It has to be a setting I accidently turned on.

Return to posts index

Jason GuerraRe: Timeline moves without me wanting it to
by on May 4, 2015 at 5:21:31 pm

This started happening to me recently. I am using CC 2014. I never had the problem with my laptops trackpad, but when I started using an external mouse, I started seeing this problem. It only happens occasionally, but it's annoying.

I have found a work around. If I drag any clip on the timeline to a new track, then back to its original position, I can then move to the cursor away form the timeline window with no issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]