ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

FS7 4k proxy files - transcoding with audio in mind

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David BusseFS7 4k proxy files - transcoding with audio in mind
by on May 1, 2015 at 5:02:40 pm

I need to transcode files for my system to work well with 4k from the FS7 shot in Cine El. The audio from the FS7 has 8 channels and I can't figure out how to maintain the 8 channels of audio upon transcoding. The transcoding I've done gives me 2 channels of audio that are mixed. In the least I need two separate channels of audio after transcoding, but preferably to maintain all 8. FYI I don't have issues reconnecting media, just maintaining the audio files.

I've thought of a work around, but it requires more rendering time that I would prefer to avoid...work around is just to export audio as a WAV once it is in my timeline and then drag it in.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: FS7 4k proxy files - transcoding with audio in mind
by on May 1, 2015 at 5:22:51 pm

Was your Sequence master audio set to Multichannel audio tracks? Also, which export format are you trying? Some are limited in the types of audio channel support.

Here's a link that might be helpful:
http://blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad/2015/02/multichannel-audio-in-premiere-pro...

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

David BusseRe: FS7 4k proxy files - transcoding with audio in mind
by on May 1, 2015 at 5:43:59 pm

When you say Sequence master audio are you referring to the settings in "Sequence - Sequence Settings..."?

I'm exporting to ProRes Proxy. Any other suggestions for good proxy formats?

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: FS7 4k proxy files - transcoding with audio in mind
by on May 1, 2015 at 6:24:49 pm

When you create a Sequence, select the Tracks tab. Under the Audio section, you will see Master: with a drop down menu. Select MultiChannel from this menu. More details are in the link.

As far as proxy formats, it usually comes down to desired parameters (frame size, frame rate, compression quality, etc.) and does it perform well on your system. From there, it's personal preference. ProRes works well on Macs. DNxHD is popular for cross-platform. Others stay native and lower the Playback Resolution and Paused Resolution for better performance.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

David BusseRe: FS7 4k proxy files - transcoding with audio in mind
by on May 5, 2015 at 4:31:51 pm

Just reviewed the article. That is exactly what I needed! Thanks Trent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]