ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Strange bugs...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren PetersStrange bugs...
by on May 1, 2015 at 2:56:04 pm
Last Edited By Warren Peters on May 1, 2015 at 3:05:21 pm

Hi all,

I am having a couple strange issues with Premiere Pro CC 2014 (up to date) on my Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core. I am running Yosemite 10.10.3. These issues are not isolated to a single project.

1) After working for a few minutes cutting clips from the source to the timeline, anytime I move the cursor anywhere left of the playhead it starts moving the scroll bar toward the beginning of the timeline. I tried swapping pen tablets, trashing prefs and media caches, repairing disk permissions, restarting and nothing.

2) I place an in and out point on the clip in the source window. I drag said source clip to timeline. I move on to the next clip, place in and out, drag clip to timeline an it drags in a duplicate of the the previous clip instead. Weird. I try again and it's fine. Doesn't happen every time but often enough to be a major issue. I tried all of the above and nothing helped. I then uninstalled and re-installed the app and still had the same issues. I called Adobe support and they screen shared and were able to replicate the same issues. They said they were going to dig further and call me back today.

Here's the thing. We have several licenses on similar machines in the office and I am the only one encountering these issues. I am considering wiping my machine clean and re-installing everything but wanted to check here first.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Strange bugs...
by on May 1, 2015 at 4:29:04 pm

Do you have the same issues when you set the renderer to software only vs. OpenCL in the Project Settings? Any way to revert back to 10.10.2?

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Warren PetersRe: Strange bugs...
by on May 6, 2015 at 8:11:23 pm

Yes but thanks for the idea.

Return to posts index

Craig HowardRe: Strange bugs...
by on May 3, 2015 at 2:52:08 am

First issue seems to be Yosemite OS update related ITs all over these forums.

2nd Issue. Are you dragging and dropping with ALT key ( or MAC equivalent)? That will duplicate a clip.

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Adobe CS6 Premiere Pro Production Premium Suite
Windows 7-64 bit:Assus P6T Deluxe Mob, 24 GB BM SDI Decklink, . HD Workflows

Return to posts index

Warren PetersRe: Strange bugs...
by on May 6, 2015 at 8:13:55 pm

Re: 2nd issue, no, I am just dragging and dropping. Started using a hot key instead and it's fine now.

Thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]