ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Equal-duration rough-cutting at single marker?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Perry McCutcheonEqual-duration rough-cutting at single marker?
by on May 1, 2015 at 12:31:02 pm

Rough cutting - what I want to do seems simple and intuitive to me. Prelude *almost* allows me to do it this way:

Place a single marker and automatically define a clip in/out around the marker, say, X frames prior to, X frames after the marker. Place many markers at multiple points in the footage, and get back a rough cut of equal-duration clips at each marker I place. In my mind, this eliminates setting outpoints altogether and would be great for setting up jump cuts to music tracks back in Premiere.

Hopefully, I'm missing something simple or maybe someone has a better method? Scripting somehow?

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Equal-duration rough-cutting at single marker?
by on May 1, 2015 at 4:12:21 pm
Last Edited By Paul Neumann on May 1, 2015 at 5:04:39 pm

How long do you want the clips to be? You can do this in Prelude pretty quickly, but not in one step.
And you're constrained by having to set subclip markers in 1 second increments.

Say you want two second shots. 30 frames before the mark and 30 frames after. Set up your subclip marker for a 1 second duration. Find the frame you want, mark the subclip (tap 1 and enter description) and repeat for all your decisions. Then go to the Marker List and highlight the in point display for each clip and paste -30. This actually isn't that cumbersome.

Right click on the Timecode window display to change the display to frames if that helps. Also, not a bad idea to make a Marker Template with a custom name so you can just number your clips instead of having to fully rename them.

Return to posts index

Perry McCutcheonRe: Equal-duration rough-cutting at single marker?
by on May 1, 2015 at 6:34:31 pm

Just did a quick test and I think I've got the idea. I'll get serious with it tonight and see what I can do. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]