ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe crashes when using external plugins

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kelly armstrongAdobe crashes when using external plugins
by on May 1, 2015 at 9:34:12 am

Hi there,

I've been editing with Premiere for a couple of years now and I'm consistently using external plugins in my edits. Whenever I use plugins (usually 6 or 7 at a time) Premiere almost always crashes when I export.

Is there some way to configure Premiere to be more compatible with external plugins?

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Adobe crashes when using external plugins
by on May 1, 2015 at 11:14:32 am

Hi there,

It would probably be helpful to provide more information abotu your system and the conditions under which it is crashing.

In the absence of any other info, I would suggest three basic things.

1) make sure whatever version of Premiere Pro you are using is updated to the latest.
2) Add more RAM (especially if you're less than 16GB)
3) Make sure you are using current/compatible versions of your plugins with the Premiere Pro client. If your plugin versions are a couple of years old, they are probably not compatible.

HTH,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

kelly armstrongRe: Adobe crashes when using external plugins
by on May 1, 2015 at 11:23:19 am

Hi Dennis,

I'm working on a Macbook Pro Retina, with a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB of memory and a
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB Graphics card.

I use Premiere CC which is up to date, along with FX Factory Pro. Maybe I need more RAM?

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Adobe crashes when using external plugins
by on May 1, 2015 at 1:35:02 pm

I have the same laptop and you can't upgrade RAM above 16GB - too bad!

I would launch FX Factory and look for an update. They update their applications often. Restart and see how it goes.

If you're still having issues, then I'd take the plug-in out and see if the crashing stops. If it does, report it to FX Factory and work with them to get a possible bug addressed. They're pretty reactive when you can get something reproduced.

Good luck,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]