ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Linked Compositions with Incremented After Effects Project names

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin BowserLinked Compositions with Incremented After Effects Project names
by on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:49:39 am
Last Edited By Dustin Bowser on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:52:02 am

I'm running into an issue with a project I'm currently working on where I have many linked compositions in an edit that are connected with an After Effects project, and in standard practice I've been periodically incrementing my After Effects project name, ie: Project_01, Project_02, etc... so that I can track back if things go weird. The problem though, is that the linked compositions are expecting a specific Project name, and when I increment my project up they seem to be going offline. The other issue is, I have all of my different compositions for the project in one After Effects project so that all the shots are together, so when I increment the project up, that now becomes the most recent version of any of the shots in the After Effects Project.

How can I go in and relink a composition that is expecting a project like say Project_02, when I'm now currently working with Project_05?

I'm also having trouble with the Linked Composition linking functionality in Premiere Pro cc 2014 in general. When I try to relink the files, I will point it to the After Effects project, and it will bring up a dialog window that says "Import After Effects Composition" at the top, but the window is always blank, and won't let me actually choose any composition. I have tried this with After Effects closed, and also with After Effects open with the Project I'm trying to link to open in After Effects.

Also, periodically, not every single time but often enough, if I hit "Cancel" out of the 'Import After Effects Composition" window, Premiere will crash with the 'A serious error has occurred' dialog window.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Linked Compositions with Incremented After Effects Project names
by on Apr 30, 2015 at 2:13:46 pm

After Effects > Preferences > General > "Dynamic Link with After Effects Uses Project File Name with Highest Number"

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Dustin BowserRe: Linked Compositions with Incremented After Effects Project names
by on Apr 30, 2015 at 9:18:34 pm

Haha perfect. Wasn't expecting there to be a checkbox for literally what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]