ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Custom Frame Rate

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John RikerCustom Frame Rate
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:04:29 pm
Last Edited By John Riker on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:08:43 pm

I have a video with a custom frame rate, 24.375. I need to keep it this way to keep the audio in sync. Trust me I've tried everything and it gets out of sync and don't want to stretch/shrink the video. Premiere provides a pulldown only option to pick frame rate. Is there any way to have a custom frame rate like this selected manually in premiere?

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Custom Frame Rate
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:11:05 pm

Yes, right click on the clip, or select all affected clips. Go to Modify> Interpret Footage.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

John RikerRe: Custom Frame Rate
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:15:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. When I do that it already says "Use Frame rate from File 24.3800". Which still isn't right but on export they just have a pulldown and have to select one from the list.

JR

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Custom Frame Rate
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:36:25 pm

If you are editing 24p, you can just set it as 23.976, that should be it. What was it recorded with, was the sound recorded separately?

Vince

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

by on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:45:39 pm
Last Edited By John Riker on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:46:17 pm

If I set it to 23.976 the video ends up being a minute plus different in length so then the audio is naturally off.

Return to posts index

David BaudRe: Custom Frame Rate
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:46:38 pm

I am curious: where do you intend to play your movie with your "custom frame rate". I believe most player out there will require a standard frame rate (23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30fps etc...) so I believe you will have to conform your clip to whatever standard you want to use... unless you are working on a custom application?

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

by on Apr 30, 2015 at 12:01:57 am
Last Edited By John Riker on Apr 30, 2015 at 12:09:13 am

I'm just playing it thru a streaming media system to my xbox thru the network so don't think there will be any issues. I'm OK with changing it, just how do I get the audio to sync up as well? Should I assume since the audio is just stereo and I can load it into premiere that exporting the entire clip with the audio everything should be adjusted appropriately?

JR.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]