ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Syncing in Premiere - Audio always one frame off after I perfectly line up slate and waveform spike?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott ClementsSyncing in Premiere - Audio always one frame off after I perfectly line up slate and waveform spike?
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 8:29:16 pm

Hi,

I am relatively new to premiere and am having a devil of a time wrapping my head around a sync problem I'm having. I position the playhead on the picture, when the clapper strikes. I then position my playhead on the audio, right when you hear the snap and see the spike. I've been syncing in Avid for years with no problem. However, in Premiere, I just can't line the two up. It's as if Premiere is consistently making a mistake and the result is always out of sync by a frame or two. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? I even checked to see if there was some sort of weird sample rate issue going on, but everything is at 48 kHz. I even changed my preview files to pores to avoid any possible long-gop problems.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

James KumorekRe: Syncing in Premiere - Audio always one frame off after I perfectly line up slate and waveform spike?
by on Apr 30, 2015 at 10:00:45 am

I've not had issues syncing in premiere, but I do it slightly differently. I sync by looking at the audio waveforms from the camera footage and the audio recording. And I switch to "Show Audio Time Units" (I think that's what it's called) which lets you adjust the audio clip by audio samples, instead of video frames, which lets you get the audio recording more tightly in sync with the video's audio track.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]