ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Best Order for Video Correction

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc BuhmannBest Order for Video Correction
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 5:37:16 pm

I have a video that was shot in SD (24p) that I am revisiting. I plan to do a brand new color correction on it as well as denoise it a bit and, possibly, try upconverting it to HD.

My question is what is the best order for doing this sort of work? Does it matter what I do first? I'd like to try and preserve the image as best I can.

I appreciate any input.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Best Order for Video Correction
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 9:37:37 pm

There's no real rule on that order. SD footage is going to have a lot of noise in it, that's just the nature of what it is and depending on the format of the SD, you'll have more or less noise.

My suggestion would be to grade it first. If you start crushing the blacks down a bit, you'll probably knock out some noise naturally. Consequently, if you raise the whites and mids, you'll add more noise. So if it were me, I'd grade everything first and then probably throw a single de-noise over the entire timeline.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Marc BuhmannRe: Best Order for Video Correction
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 9:47:22 pm

Exactly the information and explanation I was looking for. Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved