ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Relink all clips to optimised media?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Travis
Relink all clips to optimised media?
on Apr 29, 2015 at 3:33:08 pm

Hello all,

I'm cutting a project in PPCC2014 that was shot on 5D, but when I arrived the media hadn't been transcoded. So I began cutting in H.264, with a plan to relink to Prores once transcoding was finished. However, I can't seem to get Premiere to relink all clips in a bin, despite having matching file names for the new media. It only relinks the first clip selected, then relinks everything else to the old H.264 files.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Rob Viscardis
Re: Relink all clips to optimised media?
on Apr 30, 2015 at 1:12:13 pm

Sounds like what you need to do is select all your clips, right-click, and 'make offline'. Then re-link, and point to your new transcoded files.

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
on Apr 30, 2015 at 1:15:03 pm

Thanks Rob,

I probably wasn't clear. This is what I had been trying, and when I went to "link" the media, I would point it to the transcoded file, and it would only relink that first file to the prores media, all the rest of the files in the bin would link to the old H.264 media.

I did manage to sort it in the end though. I moved my "original media" folder up to the root of the drive, then pointed PP to the transcoded media and "oila" it relinked everything to the new Prores media.

Thanks anyway,
Chris

Return to posts index

Lawrence Marshall
on Sep 1, 2015 at 4:18:39 pm

I'm having this exact same issue. I even moved all the h264 footage to the root of the drive. I can only get 1 clip to link at a time. Desperate to have this solved.

Return to posts index

Lawrence Marshall
on Sep 1, 2015 at 4:20:11 pm

It's not working for me. Just doing 1 clip at a time. I've tried selecting all clips but it's not working.

Return to posts index

Lawrence Marshall
on Sep 1, 2015 at 6:51:41 pm

I was going through and doing 1 clip at a time of about 500. Suddenly, when I did like the 30th clip, it magically linked 400, reducing my workload. No idea why 1 clip suddenly triggered more.

Any idea on if clip 001.MOV would be considered different from 001.mov? Does the capitalization of the extension matter?

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
on Sep 1, 2015 at 6:57:32 pm

Have you tried the trick I mentioned in my second post? Move the original low-res media to a different part of the drive (or another drive entirely if that's possible) then try directing PP to the new media?

This worked for me.

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
on Sep 1, 2015 at 7:00:12 pm

Sorry Marshall. Seems like I'm the one who's not reading your posts. Sorry. I don't have any other tips for you. I'm onto an Avid job now so dealing with MC related headaches.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Sep 8, 2015 at 1:25:45 pm

This workflow has been annoying for months now using RED files.

I dont understand why it can link like every other app can.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]