ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Warp Stabilizer Stops Working In Premiere CC 2014?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan OwensWarp Stabilizer Stops Working In Premiere CC 2014?
by on Apr 28, 2015 at 8:25:01 pm

I have been using Premiere for several years now and have been loving it. But in recent updates since CC, especially CC 2014, I've been having new, frequent issues with random things in the Suite. Most notably, and most crippling for me at the moment, is the Warp Stabilizer refusing to work. I have used this effect for years and it was working fine a few days ago. However, for the past couple days, when I drag the effect onto a clip, it starts to initialize for a split second before going back to the 'Click Analyze to begin' prompt. When I do so, it initializes for a split second and goes back to the same prompt. This happens on every clip I have been trying to use it on. Has this been happening to anyone else? If anyone has ideas on how to fix this problem, I'd be most appreciative! Thanks!

I'm running Premiere 8.2
on a mid 2011 21.5" iMac running OS X 10.9.5

Return to posts index

Tony WhitakerRe: Warp Stabilizer Stops Working In Premiere CC 2014?
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 3:11:09 pm

You are not alone in this. I too have just now been experiencing this problem. Same date and everything. I'm not sure on how to fix it, I've tried allocating more ram, didn't seem to work. Im guessing it's a bug, that needs to be fixed. Like soon. Anyway, you're not alone!

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Warp Stabilizer Stops Working In Premiere CC 2014?
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 5:37:51 pm

I've had this as well.

what worked was copying the clip into a new sequence that matches
the footage, then stabilizing it, then replacing the old clip
with the stabilized clip on the timeline...sometimes it has
to be nested when putting it back...tedious but a work around.

weird.

Return to posts index

Nathan OwensRe: Warp Stabilizer Stops Working In Premiere CC 2014?
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 6:14:24 pm

That's reassuring to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. After posting this thread yesterday, I think I figure out a way around this. I haven't tried what Chris said, but from his workaround, it sounds like the issue is definitely some bug with the effect and you just have to trick it into finally initializing.

I also have a found a work-around of sorts, but it's not legit by any means, and the bug still remains an issue. Usually when I edit I have 3-5 video tracks I work with (my personal preference of easily seeing where sections and certain clips are). So a lot of these clips are stacked and overlapped. I tried dragging around the in and out points of the clips. I made both ends longer and then shortened it back again. For some reason, changing the length of the clip a few times seemed to kick it into gear. (Mind you I didn't change the actual vid. Just moved the in an out points in an exaggerated way. Then brought them back in. It's definitely no official solution, but when it seems to be an unsolved problem, this at least has allowed me to get around it somewhat. I've also been having huge issues with my Premiere and AE locking up and crashing as of late.

Hope this helped!

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Warp Stabilizer Stops Working In Premiere CC 2014?
by on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:08:37 pm

[Nathan Owens] ". I've also been having huge issues with my Premiere and AE locking up and crashing as of late."

I had that issue since day one when I updated to CC 2014.2 released last fall (mac version)

It got to the point I had to revert back to 2014.1 and have been on that since.

Return to posts index

sue rothbergRe: Warp Stabilizer Stops Working In Premiere CC 2014?
by on Aug 6, 2016 at 10:59:40 pm

i just saw this posting because i too had the issue. what i found out to be the cause was another clip underneath it on the timeline. once i removed that clip, it worked fine. if there is no clip under on another track, you might try moving the affected clip to another part of the timeline then applying the effect. see if that works. both solutions worked for me.
sue

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]