ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

going crazy with ai and eps file imports (and lack thereof)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberrygoing crazy with ai and eps file imports (and lack thereof)
by on Apr 28, 2015 at 3:42:55 pm

i've googled this, and it seems possible, but nothing is working to convert a couple of these AI and EPS images a client sent me. are there different types of these files, because some of them i could convert to pdf, play with them in Photoshop, then on into PP. but others, no dice. some articles say they should be directly importable (as is!) into PP, but not so.

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

tad newberryRe: going crazy with ai and eps file imports (and lack thereof)
by on Apr 28, 2015 at 3:49:45 pm

ah, the magic of simply asking the question here leads me to the answer (well...at least, AN answer). i went back to AI and chose "export" instead of "save as". voila. a working png in PP 2014.

thank you for listening.

;-)

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: going crazy with ai and eps file imports (and lack thereof)
by on Apr 28, 2015 at 4:00:22 pm

PDF is a native format for AI so you should have no trouble saving any of them out as that from Illustrator. Still, I know of no reason why you should not be able to import any of them as is, since both EPS and AI are supported for import by prpro. The layers will be flattened but they should import. (I went back to check some of my really old AI and EPS files to make sure of this just now).

Are they failing to import at all? That is, are you getting an import failure dialog? Or are they importing and you're just not seeing anything? One thing that's gotten me in the past was when I imported a solid Black on white (empty) logo and saw nothing in PrPro. This was because AI's 'empty' is inherently white like paper and PrPro's 'empty' is inherently black like a video monitor. So I was seeing black on black. Probably not likely in your case but possible so I wanted to bring that out just in case.

Assuming they're failing to import at all, my recommendation is to open them into AI again and re-save them. If they still fail after re-saving them as AI, EPS, or even PDF, then maybe try exporting them as a more ubiquitous image format like PNG, TIFF, PSD or even JPG.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]