ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

renders take forever to do the last 1% (and other render strangeness)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
renders take forever to do the last 1% (and other render strangeness)
on Apr 28, 2015 at 1:19:21 am

what am I to make of a progress bar the really cooks through most of it but seems to crawl through the last 5% and this just when you think you're finished. It seems I've been 99.47 finished for the last 10+ minutes.

(Yes I'm re-postng this when I found that exporting (with is both rendering and compressing, takes much less time to output the whole thing than even trying to render 20% of the timeline, it just doesn't make sense)

The other annoying thing is that the # of frames or previews is not a fixed target. Seeing a total of x renders done out of 250 is fine but the target number is spinning up so I have no idea of the the total is, it's like the process is chasing its own tail. Input very welcome.

Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: renders take forever to do the last 1% (and other render strangeness)
on Apr 28, 2015 at 10:56:22 pm

I've noticed it too. Not sure what's causing it, except perhaps cleanup activities not watched by the process control. This could have been caused by two different teams of programmers working on these two different features. just a guess is all.

Al

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
Re: renders take forever to do the last 1% (and other render strangeness)
on Apr 28, 2015 at 11:14:12 pm

Thanks Al, glad to hear I'm not alone. I can't assign blame but I've never (in 25 years of NLE) work encountered anything like it. Using two different Macs running 2 different OS 10.7.4 and 10.8.5) hit the same wall. Yes these are not the latest OS's and I'm not running the fastest CPU's but this is a serious impasse, I have to fine a solution.

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]