ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Monitor Calibration

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar GottiMonitor Calibration
by on Apr 26, 2015 at 5:50:41 pm

I just had a new JVC LCD monitor installed at work for grading, but the problem is I have no idea how to calibrate it!

I tried setting all the parameters to the middle '0' but this just makes the image look really flat and dark.

Here are a couple of pictures:

I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction into how I would calibrate this so I can grade effectively,

Return to posts index

Robert WentzRe: Monitor Calibration
by on Apr 26, 2015 at 9:14:48 pm

Well... to properly calibrate a JVC reference monitor you would need a colorimeter ( and software that interprets what the colorimeter sees, like spectraCal (, all to give you feedback on what your monitor is actually displaying. It is not possible to "properly" calibrate a monitor without tools that can interpret what your monitor is actually displaying at given settings.

This stuff isn't cheap, but if you're in a metro area you should be able to find someone with said gear who might be willing to come out to your facility for a fee.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Monitor Calibration
by on Apr 27, 2015 at 4:06:59 am

You can't do that by eye. Pay a professional to do it or buy the proper gear.

Return to posts index

Jack McGeeRe: Monitor Calibration
by on May 7, 2015 at 9:58:43 pm

We have JVC DT-V24G1Z.
I'm not sure what the results will be, but I plan to use this to calibrate them:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved