ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

MPGs and VOBs no longer import in my Premiere Pro CC 2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan KnightMPGs and VOBs no longer import in my Premiere Pro CC 2014
by on Apr 26, 2015 at 2:31:47 pm

Dear video experts,

This weekend I'm getting back into a video project I started a while back and for some reason, a bunch of MPG files which I had ripped and converted from DVDs (probably using VOB2MPG) are no longer importing in Premiere Pro CC 2014. I get the message "There was an error decompressing audio or video."

When I tried to play them in WMP, I only heard audio so.... I installed Windows 8 Codec Pack and now they play fine in WMP but they still will NOT import in Premiere Pro CC 2014.

I tried uninstalling PP CC 2014 latest version (8.2) and therefore reverting back to version 8.0.0 and it did not help.

Please note that they dont import in Media Encoder nor After Effects either. Yet these were importing fine last year.

Another option I tried was to start over and try importing VOBs directly into Premiere by first copying them to my HDD and then doing Import-->Import Folder (and selecting the VIDEO_TS folder) but I got the error that "file format not supported".

So while I was able to import VOBs directly in the past, as well as open my old MPG files, I can now do neither of those things in the Adobe environment.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Return to posts index

Alan KnightRe: MPGs and VOBs no longer import in my Premiere Pro CC 2014
by on Apr 26, 2015 at 4:04:25 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Posting my own solution here...

Uninstall and reinstall the big 3: After Effects, Premiere, and Media Encoder.

All functionality of .VOB and .MPG2 imports restored. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]