ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

et keyframes just beyond each still's respective duration?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Doughertyet keyframes just beyond each still's respective duration?
by on Apr 23, 2015 at 3:01:09 pm

If I'm doing a series of stills with moves, I want to be able to set keyframes just beyond each still's respective duration so that during the dissolves between them the motion is constant. One can do this in FCP7 but doesn't seem to be possible in Premiere CC, am I missing something?

The alternative seems to be making a/b rolls (tracks) that overlap, kind of retro once you've been spoiled by the FCP way.

Thanks,

Paul

p.s. If I'm not clear think of this as the temporal version of setting spacial keyframes off-screen

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: et keyframes just beyond each still's respective duration?
by on Apr 23, 2015 at 4:07:30 pm

Just apply the dissolve and then, inside the Effects Control Panel (ECP), drag the keyframe over as needed to account for those extra frames. You'll see what I mean once you get in there.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Paul DoughertyRe: et keyframes just beyond each still's respective duration?
by on Apr 23, 2015 at 4:43:38 pm

Thanks James, I get the gist of what you're saying but that is not what I'm seeing for the (Pro CC 7.2.1) dissolve Effects Control panel. I see a kf under the mid point of the diss however I can't move or extend it

also one would expect to see 2 ifs - one for the outgoing and one for the incoming - only see one

Paul

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: et keyframes just beyond each still's respective duration?
by on Apr 23, 2015 at 5:03:01 pm

Oh it sounds like you have the transition selected and showing within the ECP. Try selecting either of the two clips instead and that should show you the transition boundaries for that portion of the clip, extending into its neighboring clip(s).

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Paul DoughertyRe: et keyframes just beyond each still's respective duration?
by on Apr 23, 2015 at 5:07:46 pm

Indeed, think I got it now. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: et keyframes just beyond each still's respective duration?
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 1:35:21 am

In the flyout menu of the Effects Control Panel make sure Pin To Clip is checked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]