ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Why does Premiere only crash when I am trimming?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Jones
Why does Premiere only crash when I am trimming?
on Apr 22, 2015 at 5:44:29 pm

Trimming. It is always trimming. Premiere never, ever crashes unless I am trimming. And I am talking about trimming the old-fashioned way a la Avid using the trimmer window. When I used FCP7 (1998-2013) 98% of the time that it crashed was while I was trimming. What is SO DAMN DIFFICULT ABOUT TRIMMING? When I edited with Media Composer for ten years (1994-2004) it did not crash while trimming. What gives? Has anyone else experienced this?

Return to posts index

James Strawn
Re: Why does Premiere only crash when I am trimming?
on Apr 22, 2015 at 7:42:56 pm

[Ken Jones] "Has anyone else experienced this?"
Yes, but only when I transmit via an AJA device.

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
on May 5, 2015 at 2:03:36 pm

James. Thank you for the reply. That was it! I have no idea why I ever never thought the third party I/O hardware would be the issue. I am using a Blackmagic Ultrastudio Express with my late 2013 Mac Pro and before that a Deckling HD Extreme card with a 2008 Mac Pro. I have turned off my external monitor in the Premiere settings and no crashes yet. I guess the reason I never had that problem with all of my years using Media Composer was because they make their own I/O hardware. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

James Strawn
on May 5, 2015 at 2:57:02 pm

Good to know! AJA knows about this issue and we are working with them to get a fix in place asap. The workaround (at least for me) is to stop playback before trimming.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
on May 5, 2015 at 3:04:46 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath. I edited with FCP between 1998-2013 and always had this same problem with FCP and three different Blackmagic Decklink cards. But while crashing while trimming occasionally happened with FCP, it happens constantly with Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]