ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Oh no footage not fitting programme monitort

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Honan
Oh no footage not fitting programme monitort
on Apr 21, 2015 at 12:42:29 pm

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/zymurgy_bucket/footage-not-fitting_...

Hi :-)

Got my self in a right pickle... I imported a time lapse project from after effects into abode premiere (see above link for problem illustrated) so far so good. I then imported video footage and it does not fit the programme monitor (top right quadrant).

Now i know i can scale footage etc but how can i stop the stop animation dictating the monitor size. It looks to me that the imported jpegs have dictated the size of the programme monitor.

This is so difficult for me to explain as a bit of a noob i really hope the link helps. But if i was to rebuild the time lapse in after effects should i export it with certain dimensions so its in line with footage|

Thanks in advance,
David

Return to posts index

David Honan
Re: Oh no footage not fitting programme monitort
on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:56:01 pm

I have since fixed this problem. I went back to photoshop and exported the images (for the timelapse) to aspect ration 16:9. Looks like i was mixing up aspect ratios!

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Apr 21, 2015 at 2:59:30 pm

Heya...

I always find it's helpful, when possible to begin an editing sequence by creating it based on a piece of media that matches my final output specifications.

720p?

drag a 720p clip to the new items icon.

now you have sequence master that matches those parameters.

hth,

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

David Honan
on Apr 23, 2015 at 9:38:24 am

Thank you for you tip! Theres always so many ways to achieve one thing in Premiere, I guess thats what keeps it so interesting :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]