ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Gold Rush 2 - feedback requested

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary WippermanGold Rush 2 - feedback requested
by on Apr 21, 2015 at 12:14:07 pm

Adobe Premiere Pro Experts,

I am very new (less than 24 months) at video editing and publishing. About a year ago I began an undertaking to create a film/documentary of our youth football team through the past four years. What started as a series of clips and "home movies" has expanded to the use of NFL Films music (with permission), the use of Adobe After Effects, Audition, Prelude, Photoshop etc. to piece together a 90 minute film that we are planning to air in an actual movie theater this summer in front of 250 to 300 guests.

As you might expect, I am nervous about this and have shown this film to no one (other than family). It would help me beyond measure to get truly constructive feedback from any of you on the opening sequence I have posted to YouTube.

Please be kind as I am still very new to this but I would appreciate any advice around topics such as:
* Sound level and consistency
* Color grading
* Composition

The part of the sequence I am looking for the most guidance on is the "head coach" interview clips. I believe there is some significant improvements to be made there but at this point I really don't know what those should be.

As you will no doubt see, this film was shot with very low end consumer based cameras (Sony Handycam) and as I didn't and still don't have access to professional or even prosumer gear I realize the output will be somewhat limited.

However, I have been on this board a lot and know there are many talented individuals here who can give my 8 minute opening sequence a look and provide valuable feedback I can use on this film and future ones.

My most sincere thank you in advance.

Gary Wipperman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved