ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Best Solution for Accidentally Mixed Frame Rate Drama W/ Separately Recorded Audio?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Best Solution for Accidentally Mixed Frame Rate Drama W/ Separately Recorded Audio?
on Apr 20, 2015 at 6:56:57 pm

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with a short dramatic film I'm editing. It was shot on the Black Magic Cinema Camera and I was given Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) quicktimes and audios .wav files. Audio was recorded separately.

The problem is that half the movie was accidentally shot 24fps and the other half 25 fps. I had this problem with a doc before and I was told to convert the 24 fps footage to run at 25fps with Cinema Tools and change the pitch of the associated audio. This was to prevent the Avid I was cutting on from applying motion adaptors to the footage - which made the images look really unnatural. What's the best workflow for dealing with this problem in Premiere CC v 8.1?

Also, since this is a UK based film, I'm pretty sure the film should be at 25 fps, even though the director was initially thinking he wanted it to be at 24 fps (what's the best way to go in the UK?) It will most likely never be converted to film.

I caught this issue early, while I was syncing footage and haven't started editing yet.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]