ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Is there a way to associate the key frame with its relative position in its clip?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike ZhaoIs there a way to associate the key frame with its relative position in its clip?
by on Apr 20, 2015 at 5:35:30 pm

Suppose I have a ten second photo. I set its opacity to reach 0 by the time that corresponds to the fifth second of that photo. Is there a way to associate the key frame with its relative position in the clip, such that the opacity will reach 0 half way through the photo no matter the duration of the photo or its position in the timeline?

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Is there a way to associate the key frame with its relative position in its clip?
by on Apr 20, 2015 at 6:37:26 pm
Last Edited By James Strawn on Apr 20, 2015 at 7:07:11 pm

Edit: See Alex's post below

I can't think of any workaround either but maybe someone else can. I tried applying and key framing the effect as a master clip effect first but that actually just makes it ignore all but the first keyframe altogether.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Is there a way to associate the key frame with its relative position in its clip?
by on Apr 20, 2015 at 6:41:14 pm

yes...

if you save and apply a preset as "scaled"

when reapplied, it will apply time prportionately with the current length of the clip

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/effect-presets.html

hth

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]