ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Animate Splitscreen

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc NiborAnimate Splitscreen
by on Apr 20, 2015 at 10:08:31 am

I need to do a cut with alot of splitscreens and in addition I want to move them and do some "transitions" where one screen shrinks for example to the upper right corner where it stays for a while and at the same time anoter one "grows" out of nowhere in the lower left, and then grows to fill the whole screen etc... I hope you get the point.

all I could find as an example right now was this trailer... it shows some examples of the splitscreen - but without the animation

I am looking for an extension or plugin that helps me to do that, because I nee ALOT of those... and it's tons of work to keyframe it all by hand.

Can someone give me a hint how to get this done without keyframing for 14 days in a row? ; )

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Animate Splitscreen
by on Apr 20, 2015 at 10:43:56 am

Well...based on that example specifically....

I think you could save sequence presets for the different type of split layouts.

then while working, duplicate the "preset" you want in the project panel, rename....

and option drag your sources into the layers that exist in that copy of the preset...

this will replace the content without losing the motion parapmeter setup.

then that sequence can be cut into your master as a nested sequence.

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: Animate Splitscreen
by on Apr 20, 2015 at 2:10:06 pm

Thank you Alex!
Sounds like a great idea.

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Animate Splitscreen
by on Apr 21, 2015 at 6:39:51 pm

There is a plug-in called Hawaiki AutoSplit, from FX Factory, that animates split screens, However it does not transition to full frame.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved