ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Render 4k from Premiere Pro for colour grading in resolve (PC user) BEST OPTION???

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Vilderman
Render 4k from Premiere Pro for colour grading in resolve (PC user) BEST OPTION???
on Apr 19, 2015 at 11:53:17 am

I AM WINDOWS USER.

What is the best option for rendering 4K in PREMIERE PRO cc for grading in resolve 11.

This is my only option due xml not working due to the usual Premiere Pro issues with XML. I hear H264 is not an option. I want the best quality render so I can grade it in resolve.

PLEASE HELP
thanks

THE MADNESS OF PREMIERE PRO HAS NO LIMITS. I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK TO C4D AND AE

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
Re: Render 4k from Premiere Pro for colour grading in resolve (PC user) BEST OPTION???
on Apr 19, 2015 at 5:41:20 pm

I asked this same question not too long ago: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/953311

Sounds like Walter had the best solution for you:
[walter biscardi]
"Super simple way is to do what we do and have been doing for two years now.

Make a flattened Quicktime Movie of your timeline. Either ProRes or DNxHD. Create an EDL of your timeline.
Send both to the Resolve colorist.

They will be able to cut your entire timeline up in no time to do the color. Any wonkiness in your EDL will be handled by simply Scene Cut Detection. They grade and send the timeline back to you.

Super easy. Been delivering the PBS series "This American Land" that way for two years.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media"

Best ProRes format would be 4444.

Return to posts index

Christian Vilderman
Re: Render 4k from Premiere Pro for colour grading in resolve (PC user) BEST OPTION???
on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:14:18 pm

The problem is that DNxHD does not do 4k and prores is not a option as I am a windows user.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:34:09 pm

The latest Avid DNxHR supports 4k but I'm not sure if it's downloadable as an add-on like DNxHD. Was looking around the Avid site but I don't see it.

It sounds like the Cineform codec is free and supports 4k. https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/gopro-cineform-codec.html

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Christian Vilderman
on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:48:19 pm

Hi Walter.
Thanks for pointing out the cineform codec for me.

So would you say that my idea of rendering out the final cut with cineform and grading in Resolve is a good idea. I just dont want to start playing with new transistions and dissolves etc.

Will I lose any image quality and color grade potential?

Thanks

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:50:56 pm

I've never used the Cineform codec so I'm not sure how that will work. We've not sent 4k from Window to Resolve yet, we've only sent ProRes 4k projects to Resolve from our Macs and had no issues.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Christian Vilderman
on Apr 21, 2015 at 1:59:26 pm

Its crazy. I am exporting a xml of my premiere timeline to resolve and it just doesnt load in all the clips. I then start to scroll the desolves timeline and it starts to crash.

I have a 5960x cpu and titan x gpu. so specs arent a issue.

I also noticed that my premiere timeline now contains a few mp4s. when they were all .movs. It seems to have turned some into mp4s.

I think the mp4s are crashing Davinci resolve......

I am going to make a new PP project and take off all effects and subtitles. Then am going to get rid of mp4s. Then try exporting a XML again to Premiere Pro.

I am missing AE so much right now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]