ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro cc exporting project to Davinci Resolve 11 (need answer asap) PLEASE!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian VildermanPremiere Pro cc exporting project to Davinci Resolve 11 (need answer asap) PLEASE!
by on Apr 19, 2015 at 10:28:45 am

Hi

I am trying to export XML to resolve for colour grade (from PPCC). However when I do this I only seem to be exporting 1 clip from the timeline. I checked my sequence in and out points. I mainly use after effects so I am new to Premiere pro. Do I need to group my sequence in Premiere pro before exporting xml. HOW?

I tried importing the xml to premiere pro as a test to see if it was resolve issue but it still only imported 1 clip. I am basically asking how to pick up everything in my timeline and export the whole thing as an xml rather than just 1 clip from the whole timeline. GROUPING, NESTING, ETC WHAT IS IT?

THANKS

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Premiere Pro cc exporting project to Davinci Resolve 11 (need answer asap) PLEASE!
by on Apr 19, 2015 at 1:33:51 pm

I just tried to export an XML for Resolve and restrict it to one clip, and I can't get it to do that. I tried setting the Work Area to a single clip, In/Out to a single clip, selecting a single clip, nothing would cause only a single clip to export in the XML.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Christian VildermanRe: Premiere Pro cc exporting project to Davinci Resolve 11 (need answer asap) PLEASE!
by on Apr 19, 2015 at 2:52:52 pm

Steve I am not sure if you are just being a Steve or asking a similar question to mine?

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Premiere Pro cc exporting project to Davinci Resolve 11 (need answer asap) PLEASE!
by on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:08:24 pm

Not sure what 'being a Steve' means, but what I am saying is that I can't duplicate your issue. In other words, it's working fine here. Every time I export a Final Cut XML, I get the entire sequence - not just a single clip. I can easily import the XML in Resolve or even as you tried, back into PPro.

It's hard to help solve an issue if you can't even duplicate the issue.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
Steve Brame

Return to posts index

by on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:22:19 pm

Things to consider...

If you have a sequence open and it's Timeline selected, when you export a Final Cut XML, you will only export that selected sequence.

If you do not have a Timeline in focus, when you export a FCP XML, you export the entire project, and in Resolve you can import individual sequences from the Premiere project.

If you are importing in Resolve, and you're only getting a single clip, then you may accidentally be importing a Sequence that contains only that clip.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Christian VildermanRe: Premiere Pro cc exporting project to Davinci Resolve 11 (need answer asap) PLEASE!
by on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:28:34 pm

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

I am staring at my timeline in PP. I am selecting all clips in timeline. I Export XML. Then all that is achieved once opeing dissolve and importing xml is a load of sound and a single clip. The sound isnt even from the timeline.

This is madness
This is insanity
THIS IS PREMIERE PRO.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:36:04 pm

OK so I just imported the xml back into Premiere Pro as a test and its just loading a sound and a clip that I never ended up using in the timeline. The problem is clearly that I need to be exporting what is in my timeline as a XML only. Nothing else. How can I turn my timeline into one grouped merged file. Deleting everything else that is not being used in the timeline. I just want my edit in my premiere project. Why is it pulling along files that I havent used in the timeline.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:53:14 pm

Can you post the text from the 'FCP Translation Results' text file that is created on XML export? It should be in the same spot as your exported XML file.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

by on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:48:31 pm

I worked it out. Thanks steve u gave me some pointers. I really want to rant about PP now but then I will look more crazy. I will hold my tongue. 5 HOURS WELL SPENT woohoo. thanks to pitiful interface. just copy AE. its better in every way.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:59:37 pm

Just curious...how did Premiere's "pitiful interface" contribute to this problem?

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]