ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere CC Multicam Angles on External Monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Daniels
Premiere CC Multicam Angles on External Monitor
on Apr 17, 2015 at 5:55:45 pm
Last Edited By Justin Daniels on Apr 17, 2015 at 5:56:15 pm

On Premiere Pro CC 8.2 with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro (not the new 4K version, but the older model) and am wondering if anyone has figured out a way to get multicam angles to display on an external monitor. Right now, I can only get the active angle to show on my TV (connected via HDMI to the Intensity). It's useful to be able to show the other angles for client viewing.

Let me know... Thanks!

Return to posts index

Justin Daniels
Re: Premiere CC Multicam Angles on External Monitor
on Apr 22, 2015 at 1:01:26 am

Anyone have a solution for this?

No one ever wants to show split angles on an external monitor?

Return to posts index

James Ashbolt
on Apr 23, 2015 at 12:22:54 am

I wanted to do this as well the other day.
It would be especially handy when working with a director and they want to see all available options.
- J

Return to posts index

Justin Daniels
on Apr 25, 2015 at 11:00:33 pm

Yes! There are many times where someone asks to the splits.

In FCP, there's a "show multiclip angles" button. Really lame that transmit doesn't replicate the "multicam" layout on an external monitor.

Return to posts index

Justin Daniels
on Jun 24, 2015 at 8:29:46 pm

***UPDATE ON THIS***

Someone in my office discovered an a** backwards way to get splits on an external monitor! As he was watching a three camera multi-cam clip, one of the angles went black because the media for it had run out. Out of curiosity, he clicked on the now blank angle and like magic - the splits of the other two cameras appeared on his external TV (connected via Blackmagic Intensity).

Further investigation revealed that JUST A BLANK VIDEO track above the other clips in your nest works the same way. Add a BLANK VIDEO TRACK ABOVE the other clips in your multi-cam nest, select the "dead clip" when you're watching the multi-cam and the splits will show on an external monitor.

THE PROBLEM - if you select a clip other than the "dead" clip, then you can no longer see the splits so at this point, this VERY weird quirk is only good for preview purposes, but it PROVES that Premiere can do it!!!!! I am very curious to know if Adobe even knew this was possible.

Again, the REAL solution should be a "transmit multi-cam" option in the wrench menu!

Return to posts index

Edmond Toma
on Feb 3, 2016 at 4:50:11 pm

Transitioning from AVID to Premiere. Thanks for the post. Will be very helpful.

Return to posts index

Justin Daniels
on Sep 13, 2016 at 12:25:22 am

After multiple feature requests to Adobe over the past year, sadly this issue is still unresolved...

Still looking for an "enable multi-cam transmit" option or simply an option to display WHATEVER the program monitor is showing.

Fingers crossed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]