ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How do you copy and paste audio effects from one track to another?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
How do you copy and paste audio effects from one track to another?
on Apr 17, 2015 at 2:49:12 pm

Is it possible to copy and paste effects from one audio track to another, or do you have to apply and tweak your settings to the default effects every time you want to add an audio effects to a track?

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

James Strawn
Re: How do you copy and paste audio effects from one track to another?
on Apr 17, 2015 at 3:40:10 pm

Yes. You can just go to the Effect Control Panel, select the effect(s) you want by clicking on their labels (or ctrl/cmd click for multiple) and then copy and paste to a different clip. All customized settings will be retained. You can even paste them into multiple selected clips so they will all be applied at once.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
on Apr 17, 2015 at 5:15:18 pm

Thanks James. I think you may have misunderstood my question. I know you can copy and paste effects from clip to clip, but what about from track to track? I'm interested in copying an audio effect applied to one entire track and pasting it to another track (in the audio track mixer - not audio clip mixer).

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Apr 17, 2015 at 7:22:26 pm

Scott...

you may want to consider placing the track effects stack in a SUBmaster track in the mixer (which you'd need to make by adding it to the seuqnce timeline)

then you can route your tracks thru the submaster....

this will also save a little audio processing power as you don't need to dupe up effects....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

James Strawn
on Apr 17, 2015 at 11:15:06 pm

Unfortunately, no. I agree it should be possible though and hopefully we can soon.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Ruben Neto
on May 17, 2016 at 6:22:44 pm

I'll second that request. For several reasons, more than ever, I need to correct audio on the track channel and not directly on the clips. Having the possibility to either save the settings as presets or to be able to copy the same effect and it is applied would be very beneficial.

Best regards.

Return to posts index

James Strawn
on Apr 17, 2015 at 9:03:35 pm

Oh I see, I thought you were talking about tracks in the timeline. I don't use audio track mixer a lot so I'll check on an answer for you and get back to you asap.

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
on Apr 18, 2015 at 5:04:37 am

Thanks, guys!

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

Matthew Hoecker
on May 28, 2015 at 5:43:58 pm

Seems like a very simple thing that should be a available. Probably just an oversight.

Hopefully that ability will be added, as I just started using the audio mixer more (I've known it was there for a while, but am now stating to really consider it's power as I'm working on shortfilms with lots of tracks and mixing) and I applied the effects I wanted (and there are several effects with lots of settings) to one track. I went to copy them to the right channel, and no can do. I now know I should have done a submix, and I guess it's a lesson learned, but logically you would just assume that you could copy the effect from one track to the other.

Return to posts index

Borja Ruiz Rodríguez
on Sep 21, 2016 at 8:41:58 am

Hello guys,

Did you solve this? I am also using Audio Track Mixer often and it would be great to be able to do it.

Return to posts index

Craig Weaver
on Dec 12, 2016 at 9:28:22 am

To add insult to injury, you can only have one track-effect settings window open at a time.

So you can't even visually reference your finished track settings while applying it to new tracks . You need to get out a piece of paper... write down the settings from your good track... then reference that piece of paper while applying the it to your new tracks.

This incredibly common audio editing task (which takes 5 seconds in any other editing application), takes about 5 minutes in Premiere. It's very frustrating. I have a video series that uses the same track effect in 24 timelines. If I decide later that I want to tweak that effect, I'll simply cancel my afternoon plans, get out another piece of paper...

Return to posts index

andrew bird
on Jan 13, 2017 at 12:48:30 pm

Unforutunately that's exactly what I am doing again today. Writing down submixes, writing down all track plug in settings then typing them back in, number by number 25 scenes from different freelancers (who unfortunately started to ignore my audio mix template later in the project).

This request to save presets and track presets is pretty infuriating and has been requested for a few years now.
Offlaying to audition isn't a great help just yet, but Audition has a great dev team who are working hard to making it a good go-to- audio NLE.

Return to posts index

John Hillman
on Feb 1, 2017 at 5:35:11 pm

If you want to use the exact same track settings for multiple sequences, you can add your track effects to your first sequence. Then Duplicate the sequence, delete the footage from the duplicate, copy paste the footage from your second sequence into the duplicate, and then your track settings will be exactly the same as your first sequence. That will work in some instances at least.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]