ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

TV episodic editors: i need some template advice

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberry
TV episodic editors: i need some template advice
on Apr 17, 2015 at 1:18:11 am

i edit a show that has lower thirds, credits, and some other graphics that have the same design each week, but of course the specific content changes on each show. i used to render out each one as a separate video clip and then put it on the timeline. time-consuming, but effective.

now with PPCC2014 and AE2014, it appears i can put the actual AE comp on the PP timeline, so when i change the into in AE, it will update in PP. pretty cool! supposedly, i'm supposed to be able also change the AE comp right inside of PP...but so far i've not seen how to do that. . . or i just don't have enough RAM or processing speed to wait for it?

my main question is that i'm trying to find a quicker way to get all the episodic graphics in without the usual hunt and find method. i have a "template" show that has often-used music beds, series graphics (the ones that don't change from episode to episode, and then i also have the default template graphics in place that DO change from episode to episode. what i've been doing is importing that template sequence into the rough cut sequence of the current show, and then updating graphics as needed, but just wondering if any of you can point me to any better efficiencies in this process?

articles or anything would be great if you know of some. THANKS A BUNCH!

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: TV episodic editors: i need some template advice
on Apr 17, 2015 at 1:41:06 am

In AE, highlight the comp, go to composition settings, go to the advanced tab, check the Template box to enable type layers for live type.

In PPro, through Media Browser navigate to to the AE Project and import. Then choose the comp you want through Dynamic Link. Double click on this element in the project bin to load it into the source monitor, in the effects control tab you will now be able to change the type.

Return to posts index

tad newberry
on Apr 17, 2015 at 1:51:02 am

Thanks, Paul!

;-)

FCS3 / Adobe CC
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Apr 17, 2015 at 2:15:47 am

So you can option drag in the timeline on these to create unique instances of them or duplicate them in the project bin. You want to do this as changes happen to globally to any instance of the graphic.

Return to posts index

tad newberry
on Apr 22, 2015 at 1:42:25 am

ah, back on this, and your advice is working GREAT. THANK YOU! just gotta rename the comps in the project bin since it defaults to calling them by their location, but no worries, this will be a template so only have to do it once. thanks again!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]