ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Odd auto-scrolling of timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BryantOdd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 10:48:19 pm

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but can't find a thread about this... I'm experiencing a strange feature/bug that's pretty irritating. A few minutes after I start Premiere, the timeline will start scrolling whenever I move my mouse cursor away from the center of the screen. You can see this happening at the link below:

the password is: autoscroll

To be clear: this doesn't seem to happen when I first start Premiere. It's usually 5-10 minutes into a session, and then I have to quit and re-start. Is this something I've accidentally turned on, that I can deactivate? It's really annoying to have the timeline scroll to follow my cursor, when I go for my effects or media browser.

iMac running 10.10.3, Premiere Pro CC 2014

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Justin DanielsRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 2:15:16 am

Yes - I experienced this same issue today. Very annoying. Only way to fix was to restart premiere... No beuno.

Return to posts index

Bob DaviesRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on May 4, 2015 at 11:47:39 pm

I experience the same bug. Move the cursor to the right of the screen, timelines scrolls right by itself, more the left, scrolls left. $50 a month for a creative cloud and we still have to put up with crap like this. Unacceptable. Adobe sucks.

Return to posts index

Warren PetersRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on May 6, 2015 at 8:10:33 pm

Me too. I am a recent FCP convert and overall Premiere is a much better program but there are some unacceptable bugs. I've alerted Adobe so hopefully they do something about it.

Return to posts index

Blaise KollerRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on May 15, 2015 at 8:06:19 pm
Last Edited By Blaise Koller on May 16, 2015 at 5:44:24 pm

Hi All. I was just having the same issue and like in FCP I deleted preferences and it seems to remove the problem for now.

The problem came back after applying a transition. The plugins were corrupt. If your using third party plugins. Uninstall them then reinstall them. Delete both Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects preferences.

Return to posts index

Tommy D'AquinoRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on May 17, 2015 at 9:49:53 pm

I've got no additional plug-ins installed. Relatively new install of Premiere Pro CC v8.2.0 build. First project on this computer, and I'm getting the odd auto-scrolling issue. Interesting is... I've got one sequence separated from the others. It's on one monitor, while the others are on a second monitor. It seems that the auto-scrolling is only happening on the one timeline I've separated. The other timelines (that are in the main application window) are operating normally!

In my case, closing the sequence window and reopening it resolved the auto-scroll issue.

Hope this helps someone!

Return to posts index

Jonathan WingRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on May 29, 2015 at 4:19:24 pm

This issue is so annoying but thank you Tommy, that tip definitely works in the meantime!

Return to posts index

Sven LjungholmRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 3:27:16 pm

I have the same issue happening with a new install.
Tommy, what's up???

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Jonathan WingRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on May 29, 2015 at 4:18:18 pm

I will add to the growing list that this has been driving me crazy as well. I personally have only noticed it with a dual monitor setup, but yes, when I move my cursor away from the timeline it starts to autoscroll. Especially annoying when what I'm actually trying to do is grab an effect to apply to a clip—all of a sudden I lose my place on my timeline as to where the clip is. Unacceptable! Hope Adobe gets this bug figured out in the next release...

Return to posts index

Bob PierceRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on May 29, 2015 at 8:08:14 pm

This has been driving me bonkers! I thought it was my mouse malfunctioning at first and wasted a lot of time trying to clean and repair it. I'm on a dual monitor setup on the mac.

I have my sequence on my big center screen and everything else on the secondary. When I bring the mouse to the left screen to access a bin suddenly the timeline start scrolling. A quit and restart will also clear it up for a while, but it eventually returns.

Robert Pierce
Director of Photography • Editor

Return to posts index

Nels McLaughlinRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Jun 16, 2015 at 7:19:14 pm

I was having these issues in PP CC 2014 and when I saw that they released CC 2015, I was hoping that would fix the weird scrolling issue. Unfortunately, it did not. I quit PP when it happens, which temporarily fixes it, but nothing I've done...including closing the sequence, deleting preferences...has been anything but a temporary solution.

Anyone found a real solution for this yet?

Return to posts index

Steve ElizondoRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Jun 26, 2015 at 3:53:37 pm

Hello all,

I oversee nine late 2013 MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5.
Everyone on my team experiences this issue at one point or
another when working in Premiere Pro 2015.

I was hoping the scrolling issue would have gone away with the
new release, but no! The only decent work-around
is to restrict usage of the app to one monitor. Which is backward
and unproductive.

I have seen some reports of third party plugins possibly being
the culprit, and will be watching for that in the days to come.
That would jibe with the reports of most that indicate the issue
popping up 5-10 minutes after getting started.

I've alerted my team to this possibility, and will advise further if
we're able to isolate the trigger.

Please let me know if anyone comes up with a real fix in the
near future.

Steve Elizondo
Digital Media Administrator

Return to posts index

Michael TappRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 2:18:21 pm

Count me in as well. Maybe we should all chime in inside the Adobe forum?

Return to posts index

Paul EscandonRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 3:23:54 pm

Add me to the list. Very annoying. I'm still on CC2014.

What's weird is at work I have a 2 monitor setup and I've never experienced the issue. At home I have a 2 monitor setup and it's a regular occurrence - with the same work machine as well as my laptop. I'm thinking the difference is that at home, with smaller monitors, I have my timeline on one screen and the program window on the other. Maybe that's where the problem shows up? Are y'alls setup similar?

Also, I'm able to fix this without quitting (I hate quitting and reloading in Premiere) by:

a) dragging out sequence to a new window
b) closing sequence window
c) renaming the sequence, then renaming it back to what it was
d) double clicking to open the sequence again.

For some reason, this fixes the problem. Not sure if renaming is a necessary step, but I did it the first time and I'm a slave to the cadence of steps that fixes an annoying-ass bug.

Return to posts index

Nels McLaughlinRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Jul 28, 2015 at 2:51:42 pm

I just saw that this bug was included in the most recent update to PP CC 2015. You can check out the list of bug fixes and updates here:

Let's hope it fixes the problem!

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Jul 28, 2015 at 3:55:45 pm

Yes. Please let us know if 9.0 fixes the issue for you or not.

Return to posts index

stacey lumleyRe: Odd auto-scrolling of timeline
by on Jul 29, 2015 at 3:23:07 pm

I'm having this same issue on CS6. So it's not just CC. Driving me absolutely crazy!

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on Sep 18, 2015 at 6:01:04 am.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved