ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Exporting Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack CampisePremiere Pro Exporting Issues
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 11:11:17 pm

I'm new to Premiere but not video editing in general. But right now I'm having trouble exporting a 6-minute short film I need to turn in for my film class. I found how to export it in with Quicktime but interlacing lines are showing up, even after I have deinterlaced the video in Field Options. I've also exported to .flv and a few others. So that's my first problem, the interlaced lines.

So there's my first problem. The second issue is exporting with H.264 which I was suggested to export in to get rid of interlaced lines. I was able to export once for a test and got a .mp4 file with no interlacing. However, I had to go back and make some more edits before I was done. Now unfortunately, whenever I export in H.264, whether that be through Media Encoder or Premiere itself, the timer counts down, bar fills up to 100% and simply stops. I can't remember the settings I used the first time around when I got it to successfully export. I've looked all over the internet and can't find anyone who has this same issue. Everything is fine until the end. I've left it for hours at a time and it just sits there, not frozen unless I try to quit, and then for some reason it freezes and I have to force quit.

Now I don't necessarily have to export with H.264 but I would like to as it's great quality and interlacing lines bother me. I also want to put the short film on YouTube.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been having this issue for a while now.
Here's some more info.

Computer:
iMac
OS X 10.9.2
8GB Ram
3TB storage

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (v6.0)
Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (v6.0)

Export Settings:

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro Exporting Issues
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 4:05:02 am

[Jack Campise] "but interlacing lines are showing up, even after I have deinterlaced the video in Field Options"

Is your footage actually interlaced? Does it have the correct settings in the interpret footage settings?

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Premiere Pro Exporting Issues
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 7:06:04 pm
Last Edited By Jeff Pulera on Apr 15, 2015 at 7:07:16 pm

Your SOURCE sequence is 24p, so the footage can NOT be interlaced...unless you have 1080i footage and used an incorrect sequence setting. Also, you have a 24p source and are exporting to 30p. Not good. And you might want to choose another export setting (there are SO many to choose from) that has a lower data rate, such as a YouTube or Vimeo preset (with correct frame size/frame rate).

What are you exporting to? Sometimes folks try to export to a thumb drive and maybe don't have enough space and that causes issues.

What is the SOURCE VIDEO format? That is step one, make sure it matches the sequence setting, then export with same frame size/rate.

I believe on Mac there is a 6.04 update for Premiere, and likely something for Media Encoder also, update them for best results.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Premiere Pro Exporting Issues
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 2:36:29 pm

Also, even if your footage is indeed 1080i (interlaced) and you would use a 1080i sequence, no need to apply Deinterlacing in the timeline - when you export to a Progressive format, it gets deinterlaced at that point.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]