ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Exporting Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Campise
Premiere Pro Exporting Issues
on Apr 14, 2015 at 11:11:17 pm

I'm new to Premiere but not video editing in general. But right now I'm having trouble exporting a 6-minute short film I need to turn in for my film class. I found how to export it in with Quicktime but interlacing lines are showing up, even after I have deinterlaced the video in Field Options. I've also exported to .flv and a few others. So that's my first problem, the interlaced lines.

So there's my first problem. The second issue is exporting with H.264 which I was suggested to export in to get rid of interlaced lines. I was able to export once for a test and got a .mp4 file with no interlacing. However, I had to go back and make some more edits before I was done. Now unfortunately, whenever I export in H.264, whether that be through Media Encoder or Premiere itself, the timer counts down, bar fills up to 100% and simply stops. I can't remember the settings I used the first time around when I got it to successfully export. I've looked all over the internet and can't find anyone who has this same issue. Everything is fine until the end. I've left it for hours at a time and it just sits there, not frozen unless I try to quit, and then for some reason it freezes and I have to force quit.

Now I don't necessarily have to export with H.264 but I would like to as it's great quality and interlacing lines bother me. I also want to put the short film on YouTube.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been having this issue for a while now.
Here's some more info.

Computer:
iMac
OS X 10.9.2
8GB Ram
3TB storage

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (v6.0)
Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (v6.0)

Export Settings:

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Premiere Pro Exporting Issues
on Apr 15, 2015 at 4:05:02 am

[Jack Campise] "but interlacing lines are showing up, even after I have deinterlaced the video in Field Options"

Is your footage actually interlaced? Does it have the correct settings in the interpret footage settings?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Apr 15, 2015 at 7:06:04 pm
Last Edited By Jeff Pulera on Apr 15, 2015 at 7:07:16 pm

Your SOURCE sequence is 24p, so the footage can NOT be interlaced...unless you have 1080i footage and used an incorrect sequence setting. Also, you have a 24p source and are exporting to 30p. Not good. And you might want to choose another export setting (there are SO many to choose from) that has a lower data rate, such as a YouTube or Vimeo preset (with correct frame size/frame rate).

What are you exporting to? Sometimes folks try to export to a thumb drive and maybe don't have enough space and that causes issues.

What is the SOURCE VIDEO format? That is step one, make sure it matches the sequence setting, then export with same frame size/rate.

I believe on Mac there is a 6.04 update for Premiere, and likely something for Media Encoder also, update them for best results.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Apr 16, 2015 at 2:36:29 pm

Also, even if your footage is indeed 1080i (interlaced) and you would use a 1080i sequence, no need to apply Deinterlacing in the timeline - when you export to a Progressive format, it gets deinterlaced at that point.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Peter Yiannos
on May 17, 2017 at 2:48:30 pm

Using p2 footage I set h264 and a few other settings accorduing to editing teachers notes- output stops at 100% I leave it for an hour or two in case it is processing but still nothing, when I do try to close message box or anything else-get the not responding message.Trying now using p2 again but selecting match sequence settings - this displays FORMAT: p2 movie PRESET: dvcpro 50. Latest is message that encoder not installed or something so I am installing encoder for cc 2015, does this make sense? is media encoder always included in ppro ? Obviously I am clueless so dont assume any info is too basic, step by step explanation.assume I have no background knowledge of process of export,any knowledge of codecs or exporting or video formats.Please help my sons soccer team has been waiting all year for the footage I have taken from 5 of their games,I render for 8 hours 3 times over and still no good,as I said I am installing encoder for cc 2015, hope I am not going to cause any damage.thanks all.

Let there be a light breeze and I will see what comes of it

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 17, 2017 at 4:56:01 pm

Hi Peter,

Please post a screen grab of Export Settings for review.

What are the specs of your computer hardware - like Mac or PC, processor, RAM, graphics card, hard drives? Also, how much space is available on the hard drive you are exporting to?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Peter Yiannos
on May 19, 2017 at 12:02:16 pm

Thanks for your consideration will do my best,please assume I know zip about all issues.when I look at youtube tutorials, they are great but I am still at the stage where even the most incidental of steps need to be included in the description.
Understand that I took a snip of the specs but uploading a fuiile here is proving futile for some1 of my limited capacity/patience so un fortunately I will resort to typing the pc specs out for you and try do my best with prem pro settings.Bare with me, if an issue no problem just tell me to piss off.

pc specs TOSHIBA notebook (right click computer then > prope rties>)shows that it's running win 7 prem but I believe it may also be win 10
RATING 5.9 windows exp index
processor -AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.50ghz
Installed memory(RAM) 8.00GB (7.47 GB useable
Sys Type- 64 bit
no pen or touch input

Premiere Pro
export settings
when I match preset settings it shows FORMAT p2 movie PRESET paldvcpro50 EXPORT video EXPORT audio
summary
output 720x576(1.094),25fps,lower, 00:55:31:11
48000 Hz, stereo, 16bit
Source sequence,...
matching specs as output

Video codec DVCPRO50 PAL
width 720
Height 576
FIELD ORDER lower first
ASPECT D1/DV PAL (1.0940)

to speed it up I did not select render at max depth and use max render quality
LEFT SIDE OF PAGE UNDER VIDEO IMAGE : SOURCE RANGE sequence in/out

When input settings from workbook supplied by lecturer they read
FORMAT h264
preset : match source high bit rate
rest is same till in video tab
basic video settings
field order lower first
profile: high
LEVEL : 3.1

Suppose this all makes sense or you understand the way I have set it out at least- Hope this gives you an idea. This may be related but not sure- When I start a project I import the video files to bins from my ext drive and project is also saved on the ext drive while auto save is on pc which I believe is good.What i have issue with is how the project is cut into stills video gfx etc then there is an output and project as well- This all seems to organise itself although my scratch and naming of files and sequences may jumble -how do I see where my file is being saved to once I have already started on project.I have managed to see my scratch destination but to find project settings ,name etc I can't seem to figuere out how to do this, ie when I start a project it asks where I want to save where is scratch disk where is auto save, how do I see theese once I have already started gone past this initial window or when I come back to my project on the following day.Please excuse the way I am trying to explain it but as I mentioned, assume I know zip.
Thankyou for any help if you manage to survive this reply

Return to posts index

Peter Yiannos
on May 20, 2017 at 10:42:40 am

Thanks for your consideration will do my best,please assume I know zip about all issues.when I look at youtube tutorials, they are great but I am still at the stage where even the most incidental of steps need to be included in the description.
Understand that I took a snip of the specs but uploading a fuiile here is proving futile for some1 of my limited capacity/patience so un fortunately I will resort to typing the pc specs out for you and try do my best with prem pro settings.Bare with me, if an issue no problem just tell me to piss off.

pc specs TOSHIBA notebook (right click computer then > prope rties>)shows that it's running win 7 prem but I believe it may also be win 10
RATING 5.9 windows exp index
processor -AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.50ghz
Installed memory(RAM) 8.00GB (7.47 GB useable
Sys Type- 64 bit
no pen or touch input

Premiere Pro
export settings
when I match preset settings it shows FORMAT p2 movie PRESET paldvcpro50 EXPORT video EXPORT audio
summary
output 720x576(1.094),25fps,lower, 00:55:31:11
48000 Hz, stereo, 16bit
Source sequence,...
matching specs as output

Video codec DVCPRO50 PAL
width 720
Height 576
FIELD ORDER lower first
ASPECT D1/DV PAL (1.0940)

to speed it up I did not select render at max depth and use max render quality
LEFT SIDE OF PAGE UNDER VIDEO IMAGE : SOURCE RANGE sequence in/out

When input settings from workbook supplied by lecturer they read
FORMAT h264
preset : match source high bit rate
rest is same till in video tab
basic video settings
field order lower first
profile: high
LEVEL : 3.1

Suppose this all makes sense or you understand the way I have set it out at least- Hope this gives you an idea. This may be related but not sure- When I start a project I import the video files to bins from my ext drive and project is also saved on the ext drive while auto save is on pc which I believe is good.What i have issue with is how the project is cut into stills video gfx etc then there is an output and project as well- This all seems to organise itself although my scratch and naming of files and sequences may jumble -how do I see where my file is being saved to once I have already started on project.I have managed to see my scratch destination but to find project settings ,name etc I can't seem to figuere out how to do this, ie when I start a project it asks where I want to save where is scratch disk where is auto save, how do I see theese once I have already started gone past this initial window or when I come back to my project on the following day.Please excuse the way I am trying to explain it but as I mentioned, assume I know zip.
Thankyou for any help if you manage to survive this reply

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]