ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC: Unable to center mono tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin ParragaPremiere Pro CC: Unable to center mono tracks
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 6:46:58 pm

Hi Guys!

I've got a bit of an issue that I was hoping someone would be kind enough to shed a little light on.

I basically have one interview clip with the interviewer's audio on the Left and the interviewee on the Right.

What I basically need is to Pan the audio from the Left to the Center as well as the Right audio to the Center.

I've tried the Fill from Left/Right audio effects as suggested from other posts I found on here, but it didn't help.

I also tried using the Pan knob but it turns out it's already centered and sliding it to either side only causes it to increase or decrease the volume of each side.

In FCP7 I was able to simply hit CMD+. to center the audio.

TL:DR - I need tracks L \ / R to become L / \ R. How do?

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Premiere Pro CC: Unable to center mono tracks
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 8:58:47 pm

One way would be to right-click the clip in the bin, selected Modify - Audio Tracks.

Change it to stereo in two channels.

Now you have each channel separate (in audio 1 and audio 2 in your timeline) and you can center up as you see fit.

Note this change will only affect the clip in the bin and in the Source monitor. For the change to appear in the timeline you will need to drop it in once again.

Return to posts index

Martin ParragaRe: Premiere Pro CC: Unable to center mono tracks
by on Apr 17, 2015 at 5:23:32 pm
Last Edited By Martin Parraga on Apr 17, 2015 at 5:25:15 pm

This worked!! Thanks very much, Jon!

In the bin I went to Modify > Audio Channels... And actually changed the preset from (Use File) to (Mono) which split the L and R channels into two tracks on the timeline, like you said it would.

The problem was that Premiere thought the clip was in Stereo when it's actually dual-mono so it put both L and R channel from the clip in Track 1 making it impossible to manipulate them individually.

As soon as I changed the preset to Mono I didn't even have to change the audio pan.

Return to posts index

Vaune KirbyRe: Premiere Pro CC: Unable to center mono tracks
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 11:13:45 pm

Just to gripe. I had hoped i was wrong. That this was not going to be the answer. I inherited an assembled project, that all the audio is L/R and needs to be centered and I searched HELP for the way to do that. Now my fears are confirmed. To have to recut all the audio is a ridiculous fix for a program that I thought would be better than FCP. I find it not better, just different, harder to do tasks and with less options. There. And i don't feel any better. Thank you for listening.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved