ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2014 playback craps out

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lenny VakninePremiere Pro CC 2014 playback craps out
by on Apr 13, 2015 at 8:22:53 pm

Hey guys

Using a maxed out imac core i7 27" 32gb ram 4gb video card nvidia with mercury engine support.
We just finished grouping and organizing all footage. Since this is low budget and time sensitive, we have opted to edit native, a combination of 5d's and c100 (AVCHD). After abandoning multicam due to extreme lag issues and crashes, I have opted to use stacking, however my problem is that after about 5 minutes of working I get the image below on playback and it makes premiere unusable until I reboot. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Premiere Pro CC 2014 playback craps out
by on Apr 13, 2015 at 11:38:12 pm

Change Mercury Playback Engine to OpenCL not CUDA. Does that work for you?

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Premiere Pro CC 2014 playback craps out
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 2:04:14 am

CUDA still unsupported on mac. It is a faster engine, but even with a CUDA capable card, this technology may never fully be supported. They have lagged behind in their design for mac systems, and the fact that Apple releases a software update every week doesn't help. The life of a mac used to be 10-12 years. Now you see maybe 10-24months before your hardware is too outdated for the latest OS. Disgraceful, but still some of the best graphics based hardware, even if the software isn't fully and readily available for it yet.

You may want to start looking into Windows based systems. Mac has been rumored to be phasing out their larger computing platforms in favor of smaller Devices with integration. They are targeting a futuristic view where their market is the everyday user with smaller computing tasks and larger wallets. I don't think it will pan out for them. Windows started down that road and their market didn't comply, mainly because there were so many who were dependent on the larger computing structure and processing power. They, instead returned to that and invested in their server architecture, making it more versatile. Unfortunately, most of the market for the apple device is all hype. People want to be part of the IN crowd. I used to find the apple towers and laptops to be top of the line, ready for hard work and fast processing. Now glaciers and the polar ice caps grow faster (just a note, they grow in a negative way; they actually are shrinking currently due to both natural and human effected climate change). My 2008 MBP is still as fast with many tasks (if not faster) than some of the newer models. And it still handles graphics alright without CUDA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved