ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

"Sorry, a serious error has occurred"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Townley"Sorry, a serious error has occurred"
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 11:29:49 pm

I am trying to export a Sequence from PP14 and keep getting an error saying "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down." I have reset the PRAM, verified and repaired disc permissions for my boot drive and the project RAID. And I have also confirmed user permissions are Read/Write for the Adobe folder in the Library/Preferences/Adobe folder. I have been trying to export this 20 minute sequence for over 2 hours now with no luck and am facing a deadline in 30 minutes. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

(System Info: Mac OS 10.9.5 on Mac Pro)

Return to posts index

Al LeVineRe: "Sorry, a serious error has occurred"
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 11:38:07 pm

Try clearing your Media Cache Files / Media Cache Database and any render files.

You can also try exporting with Media Encoder instead of Premiere. Just press Queue in Export Settings. That always clears it up for me.

Return to posts index

Matt TownleyRe: "Sorry, a serious error has occurred"
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 11:41:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried using AME to export it and it crashes, too. My current plan to try and save my deadline is to Render the sequence in PP and play it back and capture it over SDI to my Pix as a ProRes file and then use the ProRes file to create the deliverables that I need.

I'll try clearing the media cache files and see if that solves anything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved