ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Will the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yair BartalWill the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:42:02 pm

If anyone knows...

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Will the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:44:59 pm

Yes. Why wouldn't it?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Yair BartalRe: Will the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:49:23 pm

Well, if I recall correctly, CC 8.x (=2014.x) doesn't open CC 7.x, but I may be wrong.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Will the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:50:35 pm

[Yair Bartal] "Well, if I recall correctly, CC 8.x (=2014.x) doesn't open CC 7.x, but I may be wrong."

Never heard that, we haven't had any sort of issue opening older projects forward. It's moving newer projects backwards that you can't do. You have to use XML for that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Yair BartalRe: Will the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:52:03 pm

OK, thanks Walter.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 11, 2015 at 7:26:34 am

Well, back again.

Someone wrote:
"there is a bug with the current version of premiere which can corrupt project files from older versions"

Here:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1813867

So?

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Will the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?
by on Apr 11, 2015 at 2:23:48 pm

hi Yair,

I didn't read the forum post you linked to but when you open an older project with a newer version of Premiere Pro, you are automatically prompted to save "AS" in order to preserve the original project version.

We always open older projects but as Walter stated, you can't open newer version projects with older versions of Premiere Pro.

HTH,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

by on Apr 11, 2015 at 2:38:07 pm

Thanks Dennis.
That forum post I've linked to now has the added info about that specific bug:
You need to make sure you turn off Import Workspaces from Project in the Workspace before converting.

I guess there's still no guaranty.

This in fact implies that one should finish all projects before upgrading, or at least keep the old version until they're finished

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Will the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?
by on Apr 12, 2015 at 12:57:41 am

[Yair Bartal] "This in fact implies that one should finish all projects before upgrading, or at least keep the old version until they're finished"

Major releases install alongside older releases, so you can choose to keep both versions on your system as long as you like.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

jila nikpayRe: Will the new Premiere Pro CC 2015 be able to open CC 2014.x projects?
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 5:27:59 pm

I just upgraded from 2014 to 2015 cc. I can't open my old project unless I convert. when I open the sequence and try to reset the preference to the project scratch disc it crashes. My entire mac book pro also had to be shut down because my safari froze.

So I thought I start a new project on 2015 but it won't let me start anything!!!

I read in another forum people having similar problems but the solutions were not clear....

Any idea? I am trying to move from FCP 7 to PP ...I find this program very finicky and full of trouble...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]